MGB: Get Your Rear on the Record results

Brett Vito

I did not participate this year. I remember thinking about it until what I was thinking became unthinkable. Didn't want to be a Debby Downer. I will confess that I did not see 1 -11 coming until the week before Portland State, and I posted my thoughts then. Very, very sorry that the scenario came true. Well, next year is another year.

I (aka Richard Steenson) did participate - only five games too optimistic at 6-6. Three of those misses were obviously SMU, Portland State, and UTEP. The other two were taking two among Rice, Western Kentucky, and a road game. It is probably best that we played the best teams in the eastern division this year, meaning we should get the easier teams next year. 

I participated this year and luckily Vito apparently didn't receive it. The quarterback situation was scary at best, but 1-11 wasn't even a consideration for me.

He didn't get mine either. I said 4-8 with wins over SMU, UTSA, UTEP, and Portland State. Almost got it half right. The other two could have reasonably been wins based on talent if there weren't exigent circumstances going on with the coaching situation. 

On the thread here, I predicted 3-9, only because I felt pressure from the "positive" crowd to "not be so negative all the time."

Otherwise it would have been 2-10.

No one saw Portland St. coming...

I need to listen to myself more and you clowns less...

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

No one saw Portland St. coming...

At the beginning of the season or the week before?  I think I predicted the loss the week of, although I certainly didn't see it even after the debacle at SMU.

Edit:  Ah, here we are.

Iowa -- Top 20 team, 56 points

Florida -- BcS National Championship

Portland State -- A great team

North Texas -- a pre-retirement afterthought that needs to execute more, work harder, and show us their character

PSU - 31

UNT - 24 (14 of those in mop-up time in the 4th quarter when FCS Portland State has their backups in and we have our crappy third stringer in at QB)

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Downvote 1

your expectations on Damarcus Smith

Smith didn't get a fair shake. He was literally thrown to the wolves with a plastic knife and was told to fight. When a team has already quit what good is inserting a QB going to do? Also, Canales not once molded the offense to our strengths. He tries to completely change everything when inserting a new QB which is understandable when the team is on the same page which they never were. He did it with DW and he did it with D Smith. I expect Smith to start next year in an offense that is in form to his strengths because of something North Texas is starving for...GOOD COACHING. Expect far better play out of him next season. And for the record, I am pretty sure I stated that we go 8-4 if D Smith is the guy from day 1 of fall camp. I am also pretty sure I stated that if he isn't then it's a crap shoot. 

Dan Mccarney was the real issue, even after being fired. Nothing more. 

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3