Silence on hiring

UNTexas

It's my understanding that Meacham cancelled meeting Monday to seal the deal with UNT.Regardless, his ship has sailed and we are hopeful that Littrell doesn't leave us at the alter. If he stands us up we are really in deep do-do.

I suppose that is possible.   Do you have a source for this?  Or, is it based on Brett Vito & other speculation?

• Upvote 1

Georgia didn't announce Smart. It was leaked to the press just like Littrell was. The difference is they have a SEC title game on Saturday and we are sitting at home waiting for next season. Smart's name is flying around because Bama is a popular topic in college football. Littrell has been a foregone conclusion since the Meacham pulling his name out rumor happened. Just wait a few more days and everything will be fine.

Here is Nick Saban deflecting the questions about Smart. Nothing official has happened. It is just all rumor, just like Littrell and us. There are only 9 or 10 open FBS spots left and I bet almost all of those will be filled Sunday after the championship games are over.

Gotcha, that makes sense. 

It is an accurate a source as any other post. Regardless,this is Smatresk's hire.

I think that's pretty clear.  Anyone that thinks that RV made this hire isn't paying that close attention. 

Gotcha, that makes sense. 

I think that's pretty clear.  Anyone that thinks that RV made this hire isn't paying that close attention. 

Or...  *gasp* maybe they're in agreement?

I would assume both men (and maybe even Ernie & whoever else might be footing majority of the guy's salary) were in on both interviews.

Why does it have to be: one guy is RV's and another guy is NS's?   The only evidence of that is the MULTIPLE, CONFLICTING reports going both ways.

What if BOTH men were blown away by Littrell's interview and agreed Meacham is not the better option?

• Upvote 2

Orrrrrr

What if RV and Smatresk each thought the other one was supposed to call Meacham back on Monday to seal the deal and they both forgot. Meacham was in town and stopped by Jimmy Johns and saw them both in a booth high-fiving each other. Meacham picks up his JJ Gargantuan(hold the mayo) from the counter and abruptly leaves town. We're gonna need 2 banners now.

Edited by Eagle-96
  • Upvote 6

It's my understanding that Meacham cancelled meeting Monday to seal the deal with UNT.Regardless, his ship has sailed and we are hopeful that Littrell doesn't leave us at the alter. If he stands us up we are really in deep do-do.

Based of Meach's brother inlaw he was never offered the job. This was in another post.

Edited by Wag Tag

What happened? A few days ago UNT was in the news with two names they were considering. Did they both say no or are we waiting till after the bowl games?

If those two names are still in the mix, a concern expressed earlier is that the recent head coaches have no "loyalty" to our program. Are we going to go through this dance again in 3-5 years when the new head coach is doing things for his benefit instead the program?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I will say, has the Alabama DC been officially announced as HC for Georgia? If so, why is that already leaked with a conference champion + playoffs and ours isn't (at least nothing solid). I wasn't as nervous yesterday as I am today. I just keep thinking something solid will come out before the hire is official. 

• Upvote 1

I will say, has the Alabama DC been officially announced as HC for Georgia? If so, why is that already leaked with a conference champion + playoffs and ours isn't (at least nothing solid). I wasn't as nervous yesterday as I am today. I just keep thinking something solid will come out before the hire is official. 

I was told silence for today & tomorrow is a good thing for us. It will either be leaked Saturday or Sunday. At this point we have nothing to worry about. Nothing has changed it's still Littrell. 

• Upvote 4

I would guess it also has to do with Georgia and Bama being conference rivals. Anything they can do to make a distraction for Bama they are in. No respect

We on the other hand were asked to respect their championship game and complied because its the right thing to do and builds good will in the community

• Upvote 1

We on the other hand were asked to respect their championship game and complied because its the right thing to do and builds good will in the community

Loosing a week of recruiting isn't really going to effect THIS years recruiting that much.   Littrell isn't sitting on his hands, he is already building a staff while he is planning for this one last game.