women's team

drex

Even with it only being updated twice per quarter, it's nice to have the running blog...espn.com just shows the start time and nothing else.

• Upvote 1

Thanks to Vito, we know the highlights and score probably 24 hours before ESPN would tell us.  Women take down SMU 60-57.  So Jalie's first two wins as a HC are to upset a Top 25 OU team and then knock off SMU at home.  The other games were all fairly close, too, so I'd say her debut is already a smashing success in the first 5 games, even with the overall record only being 2-3.

• Upvote 6

Watching this game made me recognize two things.   One, Petersen had more talent on his squad than i thought.  Two, he was an even worse coach than I thought.

Jalie has really got this team playing well.  SMU was huge and NT's best post player spent more of the night on the bench, yet they still won.  Bravo, Coach Mitchell and a very scrappy team. 

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 3

What was so great watching this game in person was watching how Jalie handled the team when they lost a twelve point lead to go down two late.  No panic...just a look of confidence that she was in control and the players knew it.  These ladies play some tough defense and move the ball with a much more up tempo style than the last few years.  They are fun to watch.  Doing this with nine players...playing an up tempo style and tough defense can take it out of a team with limited substitutes.  Not these ladies.  They play!  Proud of these ladies.  Great win tonight!  So much fun seeing them leave the court with such big smiles on their faces.

As has been said before...these ladies deserve to have more folks come out in support.  They are earning that respect.  Here's hoping the Mean Green Nation respond.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Great win!  Again, what will happen to this program when Jalie gets her players in here?? Amazing turnaround.

Next year looks to be even better. Four transfers sitting out this season.

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 3

What was so great watching this game in person was watching how Jalie handled the team when they lost a twelve point lead to go down two late.  No panic...just a look of confidence that she was in control and the players knew it.  These ladies play some tough defense and move the ball with a much more up tempo style than the last few years.  They are fun to watch.  Doing this with nine players...playing an up tempo style and tough defense can take it out of a team with limited substitutes.  Not these ladies.  They play!  Proud of these ladies.  Great win tonight!  So much fun seeing them leave the court with such big smiles on their faces.

As has been said before...these ladies deserve to have more folks come out in support.  They are earning that respect.  Here's hoping the Mean Green Nation respond.

Agreed. I took in my first women's game of the season tonight and I love the way Jalie handles the game. She's always composed even when she needs to chew a little tail. These ladies are vastly improved over last year and they deserve our full support.

• Upvote 3