MGB Tuesday afternoon update

Brett Vito

and a tough place to win at since 98'

And we aren't? 

I have no doubt that Littrell is a done deal.  I'll be shocked (and extremely disappointed) if he is not our next head coach.

I have no more information than anyone on this board.  In my opinion all signs point to him being the guy.

Just because you have a Magic 8 Ball doesn't mean you have more information than anyone else...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Toledo isn't a rebuild job and is in a similiar conference. Tulane is a better job in a better conference. 

Don't forget we have the worst talent in FBS right now, and a host of locker room and AD problems. We truly are the largest train wreck in college football right now. 

For that reason, I think just about any job outside of ULM could be considered a better job, especially for a first time head coach. 

You better hope he is already locked up. 

So Littrell helps beat Clemson you think he jumps over a lot of those names I threw out?

I just don't see it. 

Yes Toledo is a better job but he has no ties up there and they probably won't pay like us

Tulane may pay like us but it's only a slightly better situation and probably tougher to win

So Littrell helps beat Clemson you think he jumps over a lot of those names I threw out?

I just don't see it. 

Yes Toledo is a better job but he has no ties up there and they probably won't pay like us

Tulane may pay like us but it's only a slightly better situation and probably tougher to win

Wow, how we have fallen. Good season for them or not, I would never consider a job in Denton below Toledo.

• Upvote 1

The past 2 coaches there have ended up at P5 schools. 

This. It's built as a stepping stone job.

We aren't and never have been.

Plus, they are just getting into the hunt.

I just don't see it. 

Apparently he jumped over a lot of those names with UNT...

His name is now out there as a head coach candidate. If he drops 45 on Clemson, you never know who could come calling. 

But the main point was never offend your #2 candidate until #1 is safely under contract. Maybe that's what happened and Meacham was told yesterday and we just let him withdraw his name to save face. If not, it's a misstep, and possibly a very major one.

• Upvote 2

If I were a conspiracy theorist, I'd say chambers was the guy all along and all this dog& pony show was to get our name out there during the Baylor-tcu game and the Clemson-NC game. It's the kind of crack pot idea you would expect from here and this AD

wow man that's dark.

I just don't see it. 

The only way I see that happening is if it's a VERY CLOSE shootout game and he orchestrates a 2-minute-or-less offense for a last-second comeback win.

Something like UNC: 56, Clem: 55

I think that would open a ton of eyes.

This. It's built as a stepping stone job.

We aren't and never have been.

Plus, they are just getting into the hunt.

Apparently he jumped over a lot of those names with UNT...

His name is now out there as a head coach candidate. If he drops 45 on Clemson, you never know who could come calling. 

But the main point was never offend your #2 candidate until #1 is safely under contract. Maybe that's what happened and Meacham was told yesterday and we just let him withdraw his name to save face. If not, it's a misstep, and possibly a very major one.

Toledo off the board

I really can't see Fedora forcing anyone to stat past the conference championship game.  He already has two OC's who report to Littrell, good time to see if either will be THE OC next year.

I would think a national championship would not really be the time you want to audition a new OC though.

i will assume this was done right since the smatresk was involved.  No way they announce a final 2, then sit and allow one to remove his name without a deal signed.  I would hope smastresk and a committee would be better than that.  A deal has to be done at this point.  Looks like meacham had a chance to steal the job, but it was Littrell's to lose.  

Just to clarify, I am pretty sure UNT has never mentioned any names at all, much less announced anything. Everything is "sources" and rumors.

• Upvote 1