Meacham out of the running

meanJewGreen

I feel like UT and Cumbie are the factors. Strong seems to want Cumbie down there so I bet Patterson had to break out the big donor wallet to keep Meacham. I assume (and just assume) that we couldn't beat their offer so we didn't try? If I were in Patterson's position with my two OCs about to be poached, I'd be in people's offices asking for money try to keep them both or at least one of them.

I think that it may play out that way, but I also think Doug seriously considered our job because he wants to be a head coach.  I suspect that it was close but Littrell won the day with the powers that be.  As I have stated all along, either one of them would have been GREAT hires.  I have no problem waiting a week for Littrell.

Everyone gotta knee jerk.

The measured way to read this is that if Candidate A was told that Candidate B was going to get the job and it would be announced on Day X, Candidate A is given the chance to say he is no longer a candidate for the job before Day X, allowing everyone to save face.  

This is very logical....and I HOPE HOPE HOPE your theory is correct.  Not that it matters, this is what I thought too.  We shall see in the coming days...

In the mean time, the ACC Championship game has NEVER EVER been more interesting to me.  EVER IN THE HISTORY OF EVER!!!.

• Upvote 5

UNC will not make the playoff if they beat Clemson.  There strength of schedule along with a loss to South Carolina will be to much to overcome.  The announcement will be next week!

You might be right.  Still it will be a long week waiting for UNT fans!

UNC too far down to make final 4 even if they beat Clemson. I am o.k. with Littrell, but feel Meacham was a slam dunk. You can write this years recruiting class off.

image7-300x210.png

If Alabama and Clemson both lost their title games, UNC might have enough lift to make it into the top 4.  Let's also keep in mind that Iowa and Michigan State are ranked #4 and #5, respectively, and so one of them has to drop a couple slots.  If Sparty wins the Big 10 game and Bama and Clemson both lose, chaos will ensue.  Unlikely but still possible.

Everyone gotta knee jerk.

The measured way to read this is that if Candidate A was told that Candidate B was going to get the job and it would be announced on Day X, Candidate A is given the chance to say he is no longer a candidate for the job before Day X, allowing everyone to save face.  

nah

image7-300x210.png

If Alabama and Clemson both lost their title games, UNC might have enough lift to make it into the top 4.  Let's also keep in mind that Iowa and Michigan State are ranked #4 and #5, respectively, and so one of them has to drop a couple slots.  If Sparty wins the Big 10 game and Bama and Clemson both lose, chaos will ensue.  Unlikely but still possible.

Double not so fast my friend

Florida has no QB and you need good QB play to beat Bama

• Upvote 1

Like what? Fear of commitment , daddy issues, authority issues.

Question. No info

Id question Meacham's ability to recruit. Not a good recruiter

Id question Littrell's ability to put a staff together

Neither one has been a HC and will be running a program that has been a train wreck. They cant just focus on offense they need to focus on everything.

I feel like UT and Cumbie are the factors. Strong seems to want Cumbie down there so I bet Patterson had to break out the big donor wallet to keep Meacham. I assume (and just assume) that we couldn't beat their offer so we didn't try? If I were in Patterson's position with my two OCs about to be poached, I'd be in people's offices asking for money try to keep them both or at least one of them.

Disagree. If we would of hired Meach they would of pulled the $ for Cumbie. Seth must of nailed the interview!

Basically my thoughts as well.

Edited by NT93