Meacham out of the running

meanJewGreen

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Source: TCU&#39;s Doug Meacham has pulled his name out of contention at North Texas.</p>&mdash; Pete Thamel (@SIPeteThamel) <a href="https://twitter.com/SIPeteThamel/status/671749480270700544">December 1, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well... 

Sorry if the code doesnt work- source is Pete Thamel of Sports Illustrated 

Edited by meanJewGreen

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Source: TCU&#39;s Doug Meacham has pulled his name out of contention at North Texas.</p>&mdash; Pete Thamel (@SIPeteThamel) <a href="https://twitter.com/SIPeteThamel/status/671749480270700544">December 1, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well... 

Sorry if the code doesnt work- source is Pete Thamel of Sports Illustrated 

Well...You tried

Thanks for the update!

I know I posted in another thread that Fedora doesn't want any distractions so they won't announce until after the ACC championship game on Saturday but what happens if UNC beats #1 Clemson on Saturday and sneaks into the CFB.

1. Littrell may garner interest from some bigger fish after beating Clemson and we may be left out in the cold with both Meacham and Littrell gone. Hello Bruce Chambers.

2. We may not get Littrell until after January because he is preparing UNC for the National Championship which seriously hampers our recruiting efforts.(I know Herrman pulled double duty at Ohio State and Houston, but that may not be the case here)

After considering this scenario I think we want an announcement ASAP so we don't get kicked in the nuts.

• Upvote 2

It's the old "We'll have a decision by Monday" and when that day comes around and your phone didn't ring, you know what happened. We aren't missing on him. We wanted someone else. Meacham saw the writing on the wall and "pulled his name out of contention"

All indications are that we interviewed him Sunday or Monday and did not offer. I do not think he would have turned down that substantial of a raise unless GP called begging him to stay with Cumbie out and offered a very big raise. 

All indications are that we interviewed him Sunday or Monday and did not offer. I do not think he would have turned down that substantial of a raise unless GP called begging him to stay with Cumbie out and offered a very big raise. 

Exactly, waiting for the board meltdown as the story changes from "Meacham pull name out of running" to "Meacham turned down UNT". Littrell was the guy all along.

• Upvote 4

I feel like UT and Cumbie are the factors. Strong seems to want Cumbie down there so I bet Patterson had to break out the big donor wallet to keep Meacham. I assume (and just assume) that we couldn't beat their offer so we didn't try? If I were in Patterson's position with my two OCs about to be poached, I'd be in people's offices asking for money try to keep them both or at least one of them.

It's the old "We'll have a decision by Monday" and when that day comes around and your phone didn't ring, you know what happened. We aren't missing on him. We wanted someone else. Meacham saw the writing on the wall and "pulled his name out of contention"

Right - I'm not suggesting it was the other way around...which makes it even worse.  When I say "missing" I mean missing a perfect opportunity.  I agree that is exactly what went down and it's ridiculous that it did.

• Upvote 1