Who would of THUNK it?

Wag Tag

Two years ago who would of thought UNT would fire a coach mid way in the season and eat 2 years worth of salary? Two years ago who would of thought UNT would be hiring an OC from a top 12 ranked team and not a position coach?

The change that has taken place is Prez. Smac!

Why not North Texas~

• Upvote 3

Ha! Yes, I furnished the plane that is carrying the "I Love RV banner!"

If you would like to learn more about Seth Littrell, click on the link, or possibly consult your local library (the more you know logo flying over my head at this time)

http://www.goheels.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=3350&ATCLID=209385752

As you can see by reading his profile, he's the assistant head coach for offense, which means he is calling the plays. Additionally, he was responsible for the offense which kicked ass. If you reference his 2011 Arizona teams where he was either Co-Offensive coordinator and full coordinator, Gronk and Nick Foles, both NFL players, were putting up ridiculous numbers under his guidance. This guy is legit, and you're wrong.

Seth Littrell Coaching Year-By-Year
2014-present - North Carolina Assistant Head Coach for Offense/Tight Ends
2012-13 - Indiana Offensive Coordinator/Tight Ends/Fullbacks
2011 - Arizona Offensive Coordinator/Tight Ends/H-Backs
2010 - Arizona Co-Offensive Coordinator/Running Backs/Tight Ends

• Upvote 2

Not to demean him, but Littrell is not the OC at UNC. He is a position coach.

http://www.goheels.com/SportSelect.dbml?SITE=UNC&DB_OEM_ID=3350&SPID=12962&SPSID=668155

Yes he call their plays, but there are two OCs at UNC and he is not one of them. 

At Texas Charlie Strong hired Joe Wickline as Offensive coordinator and o-line coach because he had a buyout in his OSU contract for lateral moves. The promotion in-name-only allowed Texas to hire Wickline without paying OSU the buyout. Subsequently, it has gone to court because it is common knowledge that Wickline does not call the offense and never has. The original head of the offense was Shawn Watson. His title? Assistant Head Coach for Offense.

It doesn't matter but Jay Norvell, the wide receivers coach is calling the plays now because Strong took that responsibility away from Watson after their dismal performance against Notre Dame.

Point of the story is, Littrell is in charge of the offense at UNC.

Edited by Cr1028

Why exactly?

He is clearly the better candidate between himself and Littrell.  These arguments that the Texas ties are irrelevant do not make any sense.  He is a DFW guy to the bone and is being saught after by plenty other schools as well.  His name has been dropped in Missouri opening, Houston as a contingency in case they didn't get the Herman deal done, etc, etc....

Look, Littrell has done impressive things...but he is nowhere near the fit that Meach would have been.

He is clearly the better candidate between himself and Littrell.  These arguments that the Texas ties are irrelevant do not make any sense.  He is a DFW guy to the bone and is being saught after by plenty other schools as well.  His name has been dropped in Missouri opening, Houston as a contingency in case they didn't get the Herman deal done, etc, etc....

Look, Littrell has done impressive things...but he is nowhere near the fit that Meach would have been.

littrell has more experience than meacham at the P5 level. Teams have been more impressive. And being from Oklahoma and recruited texas at all his stops I still think he has texas ties and more impressive recruiting record than Meacham.. and being younger and energetic and a ton of connections he will be fine. Let try and be positive 

• Upvote 1

littrell has more experience than meacham at the P5 level. Teams have been more impressive. And being from Oklahoma and recruited texas at all his stops I still think he has texas ties and more impressive recruiting record than Meacham.. and being younger and energetic and a ton of connections he will be fine. Let try and be positive 

Those ties are much more dried up at this point than Meach's...I have nothing against Littrell, I just can't believe we didn't get it done with Meacham....I really can't.  I'd love to be positive but this is just crazy to me.

• Downvote 1

Seth's resume is awesome. He was obviously more impressive with the interview than Meach. I think this was Meach's job to loose and he did.

After Mac I think youth is also a big pluse.

Watch the videos and he says over and over again about  changing and adapting the scheme to his players talents.