"We love Rick Villarreal" banner coming soon

UNT90

Did the original banner organizer offer each and every donor the opportunity for a refund since the game plan was changed mid-stream from the original?

Yes, as you've been told multiple times. But anyone who pays for a banner plane knows that it only will fly if weather conditions permit. There was never an absolute guarantee it would fly over a specific game. Nobody who donated had the concerns you've been expressing on our behalf for weeks.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

nope. Wrong. Gtfo. 

Just...

People in life are going to disagree with you. I hope you learn to address it more constructively, son. 

Yes, as you've been told multiple times. But anyone who pays for a banner plane knows that it only will fly if weather conditions permit. There was never an absolute guarantee it would fly over a specific game. Nobody who donated had the concerns you've been expressing on our behalf for weeks.

Yet not on the behalf of the same folks that scheduled a "RV is God" banner on the same day. 

Isnt that interesting? 

• Upvote 4

#allbannerlivesmatter  It is unbelievable to me that someone would fly a banner supporting the atrocity that is RV because he does not have good results.  Sure, he was AD while many raised money for him to build buildings.  However, a GOOD AD could foster the same building of buildings and run a successful, or at least moderate, sports program.  RV is not capable of running a successful sports program; thus, he must go.

All that being said, it's great that fans are passionate enough to fund banners.  To those concerned about the $1000: that's a bar bill for some.  They can fund a banner, fund scholarships, etc.  Don't worry about the money, celebrate the passion.  I'm glad to see both banners discussed and the most appropriate banner actually fly.  I must have taken 50 pictures of that beautiful banner....and I'll happily contribute to another...assuming it further contributes to the relocation of the UNT RV.

Go Mean Green.  Let's get a damn good coach in here that can recruit and work with what we have...and let's fly more banners.

Edited by EagleGreen
  • Upvote 4

nope. Wrong. Gtfo. 

Dude, we are on the same page on a lot of issues on this board. But seriously, the internet tough guy thing is getting old. If you're going to be too childish to engage in civil discourse and be a grown up about other viewpoints, I'm not sure you're old enough to be on the internet. I may not agree with a lot of what the supporters of Rick Villarreal are putting out, but it is their opinion. To sit there and start with the GTFO comments really doesn't add any gravitas to your statements. Being passionate about your view points is one thing, but be an adult about it.

• Upvote 7

I must have taken 50 pictures of that beautiful banner....and I'll happily contribute to another...assuming it further contributes to the relocation of the UNT RV.

Did anyone get a good high-resolution photo of the banner flying?

This whole thing is just getting to be stupid

This is a purge for this fanbase, and exactly what is needed.

For the first time in my history supporting UNT, RV has faced hard questions about a terrible performance record, just like what would have happened at a real FBS athletic program after the Dodge failure.

Think of it as this program growing up, and right now we are going through puberty.

• Upvote 2

#allbannerlivesmatter  It is unbelievable to me that someone would fly a banner supporting the atrocity that is RV because he does not have good results.  Sure, he was AD while many raised money for him to build buildings.  However, a GOOD AD could foster the same building of buildings and run a successful, or at least moderate, sports program.  RV is not capable of running a successful sports program; thus, he must go.

All that being said, it's great that fans are passionate enough to fund banners.  To those concerned about the $1000: that's a bar bill for some.  They can fund a banner, fund scholarships, etc.  Don't worry about the money, celebrate the passion.  I'm glad to see both banners discussed and the most appropriate banner actually fly.  I must have taken 50 pictures of that beautiful banner....and I'll happily contribute to another...assuming it further contributes to the relocation of the UNT RV.

Go Mean Green.  Let's get a damn good coach in here that can recruit and work with what we have...and let's fly more banners.

Great post.  Rick has built buildings but he hasn't built a solid financial base or a solid season ticket holders base.  It seems we're very dependent upon a handful of donors which is no way to run an AD office.  However, it is a nice way to gain some job security for an insecure person.  He's made a couple of good coaching hires ... and a bunch of hires that weren't just bad - they were program killing bad.  

I could care less about the small faction that supports RV ... they're just insane.  However, how many schools would do a banner to get rid of an athletic director?  How many places would have students passing out papers listing RV's failures?  I love it. 

• Upvote 1

Dude, we are on the same page on a lot of issues on this board. But seriously, the internet tough guy thing is getting old. If you're going to be too childish to engage in civil discourse and be a grown up about other viewpoints, I'm not sure you're old enough to be on the internet. I may not agree with a lot of what the supporters of Rick Villarreal are putting out, but it is their opinion. To sit there and start with the GTFO comments really doesn't add any gravitas to your statements. Being passionate about your view points is one thing, but be an adult about it.

I'm not trying to be an internet tough guy. And Wardly is right, peiple are entitled to their own opinions no matter how gawd awful their opinion is. 

• Downvote 2

Says the guy who has threatened to fight people via internet forum before. Nah, no tough guy attitude there

Because that's what people on here say. Go find a post with me threatening people...please. I push my opinion in a brash way 100% of the time because I have to wade through stupidity much like this very thread. If that is hurtful to people or offensive then so be it. Hint: I don't care. 

• Downvote 4

Because that's what people on here say. Go find a post with me threatening people...please. I push my opinion in a brash way 100% of the time because I have to wade through stupidity much like this very thread. If that is hurtful to people or offensive then so be it. Hint: I don't care. 

Before Homecoming, you posted to CBL that he wouldn't say $hit he posted directly to your face...

Most people consider that close to threatening--unless you are Ike Turner or OJ.

• Upvote 3

As much as I hate to say it, my money was on the hippie in this one...

But it was merely the undercard to me (Everyman) against Fly (secret club room member, RV super friend). 

Of course our match would have lasted about 30 seconds before we both collapsed from fatigue...

As much as I hate to say it, my money was on the hippie in this one...

But it was merely the undercard to me (Everyman) against Fly (secret club room member, RV super friend). 

Of course our match would have lasted about 30 seconds before we both collapsed from fatigue...

I picture CBL being like Gordon Keith, while Ben Gooding was more like Greggo...lots of wise-cracking, making BG more mad until he loses his cool, and goes to hit CBL, only to see some cocaine and get totally distracted inside the ring.

As for you two, I see you getting in the ring, only to see some ex-UNT football player facing off against you, with Fly throwing $100 bills into the corner, just for him to use to wipe his face, all while RV gets the BOR to invalidate your diploma.

• Upvote 1

• Harry locked this topic