UNT Monday night Coaching Update

Harry

North Texas’ search for a new head coach took a turn over the last day with TCU assistant coach Doug Meacham going from appearing to be on the verge of landing the job back to be just a candidate for the position.

Meacham is still in the running for the job, according to sources at UNT, but at this point it appears as if the school is turning its attention to its other finalist — North Carolina assistant Seth Littrell.

A source close to Littrell suggested that the sides have already discussed parameters of a contract, one that could be ready to be finalized.

UNT athletic director Rick Villarreal would only say that the school is still in the process of finalizing its decision while denying a report Monday that the school had settled on Meacham as its next coach.

read more:  http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2015/11/monday-night-search-update-where-unt-goes-from-here.html/

Edited by Harry

I may be gullible because I believed the Meacham report, but I believe this report just based on the fact that there is no reason not to announce Meacham now if we were to hire him and we haven't done it.  Littrell is the right guy for the job the more I think about it. 

Edited by ChristopherRyanWilkes
  • Upvote 2

I am betting the "source close to Littrell" is Littrell's agent. I am f'ing pumped about this hire!!! It is a new day. Can't wait to watch an exciting brand of football!

I can't wait to see if he can recruit a QB immediately. 

If not, I won't be excited.

Ar all. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

You and Me both.  I LOVE this hire if it turns out true.  

Ditto, I might just have to bump up to Club level to watch some of this.

Call me an optimist, but I don't think this will take as long as some people think to turn around.  After watching Rice, UTEP, and UTSA this year, we can move up to the middle of the CUSA pack with an average quarterback and a new mindset.  Our side of the division is weak except for LaTech who loses their stud QB after this season.

• Upvote 5