Monday afternoon coach search update

Harry

Step back from the edge people.  Hint: More than a few of these people are guessing or just living off of others information which is of varying quality and freshness in the first place.  

I will say that if Matthew McConaughey backs out, and the Friday Night Lights coach has to wait until UNC's season is over, I hope we offer everything including the kitchen sink to Willie Fritz now that the Iowa St job isn't going his way.

Edited by Cerebus
  • Upvote 5

Let's all be honest with ourselves here... 

RV has already made the selection and the coach has already accepted... the AD is just waiting until Friday afternoon at 4:30PM to make the announcement. That way it gets the smallest amount of media coverage possible

• Upvote 2

I wasn't around the board for the Dodge and McCarney hires, was it as stupid as this? I can't imagine it was even close to this level of chaos. 

Mac: there was speculation about many, many other coaches and then suddenly a name no one had ever even suggested is being announced as our head coach.

Dodge: there was early, wild and rampant speculation that a deal was being worked out with Dodge.  No one else was even seriously  bandied about.

Dickey: One day Helwig came out and dropped a carved stone tablet at our feet with one name on it:

TibxBfr.png 

Simon: He owned some pastureland we wanted to turn into a dorm and so we traded him the head coaches job for it.

• Upvote 4