Celebrate the New Coach but Some Accountabilty?

Mike Jackson

I am excited about the new coach but I won't have season tickets to come see what he produces.  I welcome him to UNT.  I will warn him about the ineptness of our athletic department.  And tell him that he will have generate financial support and media attention for the program because the AD simply doesn't care or doesn't know how.  (Just once I would like an AD to be honest with us and tell the masses what it will take financially get where we want to be). 

In so many negative ways what is going on at UNT mirrors exactly the same problem the pro team 35 miles south has.  But I relent and simply ask the fans that have a problems with people who think like UNT90, KingDL1, and myself a few questions.  I want to you consider these carefully if the next football coach fails

1. What did we accomplish by hanging on to RV in 2015

2. If RV is not one the main contributing factors to the mess that is our athletic department then what are these factors and how do we fix them?

3. Has RV generated strong and diverse financial support for the program?

4. Since the completion of the facilities improvements what exactly has RV done well?

5. Does Athletic Department have a mission statement and are they living up to it? 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6

If it is in fact Meacham, then I'm sure some associated with TCU who are familiar with RV have warned him about his ineptitude. I hope he is the kind of person who will tell the president what he needs to succeed. I hope he explained in the interview process that he set some terms of his own. Perhaps as more and more associated within the athletic department (especially the most visible persons such as the HC of the football team) we will start to see the corner turned.

• Downvote 1

I am excited about the new coach but I won't have season tickets to come see what he produces.  I welcome him to UNT.  I will warn him about the ineptness of our athletic department.  And tell him that he will have generate financial support and media attention for the program because the AD simply doesn't care or doesn't know how.  (Just once I would like an AD to be honest with us and tell the masses what it will take financially get where we want to be). 

In so many negative ways what is going on at UNT mirrors exactly the same problem the pro team 35 miles south has.  But I relent and simply ask the fans that have a problems with people who think like UNT90, KingDL1, and myself a few questions.  I want to you consider these carefully if the next football coach fails

2. If RV is not one the main contributing factors to the mess that is our athletic department then what are these factors and how do we fix them?

3. Has RV generated strong and diverse financial support for the program?

4. Since the completion of the facilities improvements what exactly has RV done well?

5. Does Athletic Department have a mission statement and are they living up to it? 

From exchanging W2s and sitting in the cold rain to set a bar for other fans to dispute his truths to dropping season tickets when a new coach gets hired.

Who are you Michael Jackson?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

The longer we keep RV, the more we tie the new coach to a dysfunctional and under-performing athletic department.

Fans who are excited about the new hire, whoever it turns out to be, should be concerned about whether RV will hurt his chance to succeed. Put RV in another position and begin the search for a new AD the day after this hire.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

If it is in fact Meacham, then I'm sure some associated with TCU who are familiar with RV have warned him about his ineptitude. I hope he is the kind of person who will tell the president what he needs to succeed. I hope he explained in the interview process that he set some terms of his own. Perhaps as more and more associated within the athletic department (especially the most visible persons such as the HC of the football team) we will start to see the corner turned.

Helwig is at TCU now. Wonder if Meacham has "consulted" him.

I got a great job, but I have been offered a promotion for more $ from another company. Of course I am going to due diligence on the company and my new boss.

These guys know whats going on with the position and you wonder how much the Pres. is involved!

You loose credibility with me when you state you will not support the new hire and you fell like YOU need to inform him of what is going on!

It is about time we forget the past and create a positive future!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I got a great job, but I have been offered a promotion for more $ from another company. Of course I am going to due diligence on the company and my new boss.

These guys know whats going on with the position and you wonder how much the Pres. is involved!

You loose credibility with me when you state you will not support the new hire and you fell like YOU need to inform him of what is going on!

It is about time we forget the past and create a positive future!

Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it...

• Upvote 2

If it is so old then why doesn't anyone have an answer for question 2?  A logical answer to that question would give me more hope than any "getable" coach.  So let bury our heads in the sand and hope against the odds this next coach is successful.  That is not inspiring and that isn't going to get butts in seats at Apogee.

• Downvote 1