Darrell Dickey name interim head coach at Memphis

Harry

My gut says DD and Fuente have a deal. DD, coach us through the bowl season while I go on ahead, survey the landscape and clear out the MFers at VT and start planning. After the season, I'll send for you.

• Upvote 2

I hope he has thanked Fuente for introducing him to the forward pass.

After seeing film and studying tendencies, Memphis' next opponent will be caught flatfooted by a draw on third and 9!

It will make me nostalgic for cries of "Throw the f'n ball, Dickey!".

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 6

Will he allow his interim OC to fight a fan in the stands at halftime of their bowl game without getting a wrist-slap?

So this is how rumors grow?  Silver yelled at Flanny and Flanny yelled back.  Unfortunate, but in a decade the story will be Dickey himself pile drove an elderly war veteran off the Fouts Field press box. 

• Upvote 3

blah, blah, blah...  the story will be Dickey himself pile drove an elderly war veteran off the Fouts Field press box. 

Wait, are you saying this DID NOT happen?  I was there.  I saw it with my own eyes...  And it was actually the Stone Cold Stunner, not a pile driver.   You could hear the "MF'er!" for miles around.

• Upvote 2

After seeing film and studying tendencies, Memphis' next opponent will be caught flatfooted by a draw on third and 9!

It will make me nostalgic for cries of "Throw the f'n ball, Dickey!".

I was certainly one who yelled that at him, and I liked Coach Dickey. He was always a class act with me and helped a LOT with the Gomeangreen.com flag football games. He really did want to be a part of that stuff, and also wanted us to be a part of his program. Ah, the good old days. While I was watching Memphis beat the crap out of SMU Saturday, I found myself thinking DD should be leaving RV phone messages.. "Hello Rick?, yeah this is Darrell again. We have a job opening for concession manager, but you'll have to apply quick. Some M'Fer offered that same job to Norm Chow".

GMG  

• Upvote 1