Goodbye Carlos Harris

All About UNT

Umm, the going to jail and prison talk is going too far.  Harris was a little selfish and come off as a premadonna, but prision?  

Don't forget the inference that he'll soon be beating women and killing people!!!!

Edited by Green P1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

dude. screw your basic old white guy attitude 

if y'all had a clue, you'd know Carlos is all about fashion and finding a career in that(the guy has aspirations) All you jackasses mouthing off saying "ohh you'll never make it to the next level with that kind of attitude and work ethic" are all clowns. This guy balled out for UNT, just cause he acted out in an obviously frustrating past 2 seasons, doesn't take away from. All you 45 year old pencil pushing wash ups can suck it.

Ahh, the typical "we racist" response. Wondered when this was pop up.  I don't care what field Harris is going in after he graduates, his actions were selfish and not of a leader of a team. This old white guy has done pretty well for himself and I would have an extremely short leash on employees with his attitude.  "Balled out for the team?"  No, Carlos is all about Carlos. Always has been, always will be, but thanks for your two cents Mr. Harris. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

dude. screw your basic old white guy attitude 

if y'all had a clue, you'd know Carlos is all about fashion and finding a career in that(the guy has aspirations) All you jackasses mouthing off saying "ohh you'll never make it to the next level with that kind of attitude and work ethic" are all clowns. This guy balled out for UNT, just cause he acted out in an obviously frustrating past 2 seasons, doesn't take away from. All you 45 year old pencil pushing wash ups can suck it.

not at the table Carlos

• Upvote 2

He was good player for us and he has now moved on.  Let it go!   He is young and will learn life's lessons like the rest of us have.  I wish him the best of luck in the future in what ever he does.  It is unfortunate his career ended the way it did but life goes on for all of us.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

if y'all had a clue, you'd know Carlos is all about fashion and finding a career in that(the guy has aspirations) All you jackasses mouthing off saying "ohh you'll never make it to the next level with that kind of attitude and work ethic" are all clowns. This guy balled out for UNT, just cause he acted out in an obviously frustrating past 2 seasons, doesn't take away from.

I agree with you that some of the comments about Harris were over the line. He's not going to prison because he got ejected from a football game and reacted childishly.

But he just shot himself in the foot, as far as career aspirations go. He could have ended his playing career on a high note and been remembered primarily for the receiving numbers he piled up. Instead, he'll be remembered best for the head-hit stunt and what he did on the way out of Apogee.

There are going to be Mean Green alumni in the field he pursues after graduation. There also will be people who look him up on Google. This stunt isn't going to help him. Like many of us at his age, the guy still has some growing up to do.

Most of these comments are a tad over the top. He screwed up and he probably cost his team the game in doing so. That he seemed to be proud of it was disappointing. 

The good news is, this nightmare of a season is over. And we can look forward with optimism to a clean slate with a new coach, new energy, and new story at UNT. 

• Upvote 2

I'm not white, I'm not 45, and I'm not a pencil pusher. This issue has nothing to do with race, so I don;t know why you even brought that into it.

For me, the issue is about what it means to be a "North Texas Gentleman". Our coaches have failed on the field. We all know that. But when I see Harris celebrating being kicked out of his final game at UNT, and other players on our sideline giving him high fives for it, we have failed as a university. I hope our president let those antics sink in and holds our athletics to a higher standard. That type of behavior doesn't reflect what our university is about.

Harris will have a hard time in this world as long as he continues down the road he is on. And if you agree with his behavior, you will too.

The race card is always the first thing thrown out. He should have been benched for the twitter stuff. Although, it wouldn't have made a difference. His attitude was already formed and it's too late to change it.

I'm not white, I'm not 45, and I'm not a pencil pusher. This issue has nothing to do with race, so I don;t know why you even brought that into it.

For me, the issue is about what it means to be a "North Texas Gentleman". Our coaches have failed on the field. We all know that. But when I see Harris celebrating being kicked out of his final game at UNT, and other players on our sideline giving him high fives for it, we have failed as a university. I hope our president let those antics sink in and holds our athletics to a higher standard. That type of behavior doesn't reflect what our university is about.

Harris will have a hard time in this world as long as he continues down the road he is on. And if you agree with his behavior, you will too.

This X 1,000,000

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Umm, the going to jail and prison talk is going too far.  Harris was a little selfish and come off as a premadonna, but prision?  

He's more Terrell Owens than thug...let's get the sterotypes right...

This. I was scrolling through to see if someone had already made this point or not and I'm glad you did. What happened was embarrassing for the team, but I think the assumptions that people are making about his future are out of line. 

• Upvote 2

• Harry locked this topic