Goodbye Carlos Harris

All About UNT

One of his tweets said he wanted to leave a legacy. He did. One of being selfish, childish and not a team player. Sad that he is proud of this moment. 

Carlos Harris actions on the sidelines were some of the most embarrassing actions I have ever experienced at North Texas. I was so ashamed and none of the coaches at least on TV did anything to stop his celebration, so sad. Canales should have been all over that kids ass. 

Carlos Harris actions on the sidelines were some of the most embarrassing actions I have ever experienced at North Texas. I was so ashamed and none of the coaches at least on TV did anything to stop his celebration, so sad. Canales should have been all over that kids ass. 

He wouldn't have cared.  What could have been done?  He didn't give a damn when there were repercussions, he'd give even less of a shit now. 

• Upvote 2

He wouldn't have cared.  What could have been done?  He didn't give a damn when there were repercussions, he'd give even less of a shit now. 

I did not care one shit what Carlos thought, I wanted at least the appearance from our sidelines that it was not appropriate behavior at North Texas, especially from the coaching staff.

This sad young individual has LOTS of insecurities because of his small size and nurtured big ego  (and who knows why else) that has taught him that if things don't go his way, he must fight back with a BIG attitude to show he's no pushover. Wish I could have invited him to train and spar with me at the gym I train and show him what discipline and respect is all about. Something his father utterly failed at teaching him because he is no better or knows any better. But now that he decided to end his UNT career this way, I couldn't care less about him and the repercussions he might encounter for his attitude out in the "real world."

These are the types of players I wouldn't have a problem suspending and possible expelling from my program if I were a coach. This season Carlos Harris has done as much damage as he possibly could to this team and to this program, something that was not fully expected on my behalf. We're going to need a new coach that truly garners respect and instills discipline back into this program. NO MORE Carlos Harris-type players, please!!! And to note, he is NOT the only senior in this class who negatively contributed to this disgustingly embarrassing season.

Edited by bleedgreen4ever
  • Upvote 6

I agree, I would have liked to see someone rip that POS a new one, but in the long run, it would have just been a waste of time.  I don't think he has a chance to learn shit until the stainless steel bracelets come out.

We should check where he is in five years, I am betting a state paid vacation. 

I never saw the coach's look his way or say anything to him...just let the boy celebrate..

And it wasn't just the ejection celebration, he was pouting when he didn't get the ball, when the play didn't go his way...at one point, he was yelling and arguing with wilson, I think, on the sideline about a play...

Was he good? Maybe...but without mcnulty, he wasn't the sole wr...smith spread the wealth...Harris is not worthy of the number 2 spot in receptions...so glad he didn't get to chancellor

• Upvote 5

Maybe the Harris twins...Carlos and DeAndre can be roommates now.  They seem to share several characteristics.

Now, let me see if I understand the rules here.....holding football players accountable for their actions is all well and good, but in the case of basketball players it is always someone else's fault.  I think I have it now.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6

I never saw the coach's look his way or say anything to him...just let the boy celebrate..

And it wasn't just the ejection celebration, he was pouting when he didn't get the ball, when the play didn't go his way...at one point, he was yelling and arguing with wilson, I think, on the sideline about a play...

THE KEY WORD HERE IS :

COACH.

we are talking about a guy who has done this for the past two seasons.   A guy who wouldn't work out with this team this past summer because he had his own  "personal trainer".  

Carlos was being Carlos.  

This staff allowed and condoned his selfishness and behavior.  That's who is as fault.  

You wanna know why we suck?  Look no further than this kind of crap being overlooked  but players who make one mistake on the field are benched for an entire season.   The handling of players for the past year and a half has bred and fueled attitudes like this.   When you lack faith in the players  you recruit,  have specialty/ position coaches  tell you not to listen to your D Coordinator and head coach and "cut out their noise", and not everyone is graded on the same code or guidelines-

and not everyone is graded on the same code or guidelines.....-

GOTTA LOOK OUT FOR #1....  ME ME ME.  No one else is going to look out for me.  That's not fair.

or

I don't give a crap anymore.  Screw this.

ask Blake Bean.

ask Jimmerson.

ASK CARLOS HARRIS.

THEY  don't have anything to lose anymore. They'll tell you the truth now.  

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

there is history there. 

yep, teaching him to react to people on Twitter. Now, did that hit use to be considered a great hit absolutely.  With the rule changes you just can't do dumb stuff like that. What got me is how he acted ONCE he got kicked out. 100% selfish and 100% about me. If his daddy wants to come to his rescue and accuse me of hiding behind a screen name so be it.  Way to teach your kid how to be a man and take responsibility for his actions, and act like a teammate and not a selfish child. 

• Upvote 2

Wow, and I am chastised for being negative?  His career is over and the coaches responsible for letting his behavior continue are gone too.  Yet we have 2 pages of comments about a player that should have been dismissed from the team after the second game Canales was interim head coach.  Yet our "Jerry Jones" like figure came on the radio at halftime to give us a coaching search update and said basically nothing.  On the best days during the best years of the program we can barely get 10% the local alumni and students to show up for game.  Yes his behavior was bad but our program now is just as bad and he is representative of that like it or not.  The whole program reeks of incompetence from top to bottom.  The only thing positive about today was the professionalism of our radio broadcast.  But that is product of our radio television and film academic department and not the athletic department.

• Downvote 5

yep, teaching him to react to people on Twitter. Now, did that hit use to be considered a great hit absolutely.  With the rule changes you just can't do dumb stuff like that. What got me is how he acted ONCE he got kicked out. 100% selfish and 100% about me. If his daddy wants to come to his rescue and accuse me of hiding behind a screen name so be it.  Way to teach your kid how to be a man and take responsibility for his actions, and act like a teammate and not a selfish child. 

Let me say this....his behavior is not a surprise to me. 

Sounds like he is on the fast track to prison. 

dude. Screw your basic old white guy attitude 

dude. Screw your basic old white guy attitude 

if y'all had a clue, you'd know Carlos is all about fashion and finding a career in that(the guy has aspirations) All you jackasses mouthing off saying "ohh you'll never make it to the next level with that kind of attitude and work ethic" are all clowns. This guy balled out for UNT, just cause he acted out in an obviously frustrating past 2 seasons, doesn't take away from. All you 45 year old pencil pushing wash ups can suck it.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 14

This is probably going too far. His actions don't equate to that. But that doesn't take away from the fact that he embarrassed the university he represents. If you get ejected from the game, then you hug a few guys cause it's your last game ever and then you walk away with your head hung low. He chose to give everyone the deuces which he did on Twitter a couple of weeks ago. He jumped around smiling and laughing like, "look at me I laid that guy out after I left my feet and launched myself into him when he wasn't looking". But hey, he looked cool doing it so eff everything else right? And if he "acted out" because the past two seasons were frustrating then how is he gonna handle adversity on his job when things don't go his way. I guess he'll just ball out and tell his boss he's a clown. 

• Upvote 2