Josh Greer in the game and Pick six

Harry

In other words, you find it alright to disrespect your university?

Yes that's exactly what I'm saying. I actually wake up every morning with a North Texas Battle Flag on the ground next to my bed so when I wake up I can stomp on it as I curse the name of UNT. I then repeat the process every hour on the hour for extra emphasis. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I can't think of a place in the national anthem where mf'ing would sound as good as it does in the fight song. 

Kind of a moo point. 

so because it sounds good, it's OK to be disrespectful?   Or just because it sounds good to a few people? How about the families in attendance? Does it sound good to them too?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I had the opposite experience in 2012 with DT's grandma.

I can't remember the game, but it happened quite often, DT unable to get any touch on a deep pass. I made some disparaging comments without cussing and got an earful from his grandma. Specifically " if you think you are better why are you not out there?" Told her I'm paying to watch this garbage and if he can't take criticism he shouldn't be here.

I enjoyed the bowl run in 2013 as much as anyone however I think 2013 has clouded how just average DT was. Which at this place we look upon as great.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

When you have a family of your own it won't sound so kewl to you.  One day we all must grow up!

Nah.  No need to grow up.  And if you have rules in place to ensure they don't misuse it or mistime it, little kids aren't going to be completely twisted just because they hear or use dirty language occasionally.  It's actually pretty hilarious most of the time.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Nah.  No need to grow up.  And if you have rules in place to ensure they don't misuse it or mistime it, little kids aren't going to be completely twisted just because they hear or use dirty language occasionally.  It's actually pretty hilarious most of the time.

A family legend says that my first complete sentence was "Wook at the sumbitchin spider!". Heard it at various times from father, grandmother, great-grandmother, aunts and uncles. Just that good old midwestern upbringing.

• Upvote 1

I started noticing it when I sat sitting close to some fraternity and sorority looking students during one of the first home games in 2013. I remember shaking my head, because a younger looking couple and their two children (for God knows why they chose to sit with the students) got up and left after the MF'er chant was screamed by that crowd. They probably had to have a convo with their kids about wrong in that fight song after that...

I don't like it, and I graduated 2 years ago... So I'm in the chanting generation, and I will not participate in the degrading of our fight song. Just my opinion though..., I know some other people in my generation think its fun to do.

Regarding the bolded part, it could have been an actual student that brought their kids to the game. I have often used my student ticket and then gotten in my family as "guests" for just ten bucks each. Those "guest" tickets are also for sitting in the student section. I'm willing to bet that's why they'd bring their kids to the student section.

A family legend says that my first complete sentence was "Wook at the sumbitchin spider!". Heard it at various times from father, grandmother, great-grandmother, aunts and uncles. Just that good old midwestern upbringing.

Back in the day, my best friend and I were playing NBA Jam (Sega Genesis) while babysitting his little cousin. The little boy's mother & aunt went shopping and left him with us. We used the F word at least a thousand times during our multiple hour NBA Jam fest. We didn't think much of it, couple of teenagers don't think about little kids being around too often.  Let's just say the little boy picked up a new word and his Mom wasn't too happy about it....

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 2