Josh Greer in the game and Pick six

Harry

UNT90 - so you are going on the record as saying when the new coach comes in and turns things around, as long as RV is here you will not support the program? Damn it must be hard to have so much hate!

How did you get that from what he said? He said what he believes lies ahead. Not that if a turn around occurs he will still not support the program as long as RV is here

• Upvote 1

How did you get that from what he said? He said what he believes lies ahead. Not that if a turn around occurs he will still not support the program as long as RV is here

Billy - it's not just this one post, but in all of the years I have been on Harry's boards I not sure if I can remember someone who seems to have as mush hate for someone (RV in this case) as he does.

• Upvote 4

Billy - it's not just this one post, but in all of the years I have been on Harry's boards I not sure if I can remember someone who seems to have as mush hate for someone (RV in this case) as he does.

Funny thing is, it's a semi-recent development.

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/topic/72839-unt-ad-rick-villarreal-contract-details-drc/

Well deserved.

Responding to RV's contact extension.

• Upvote 3

So funny story, Josh Greer's sister actually confronted me and told me to "back the f**k off" because I was angry that Greer was in the game. I understand her being upset because it's her brother, but the worst I said was "why the hell would you put him in the game Canales?!". I hardly ever yell anything at games as it is, but good lord it pissed me off so much that coach Chico thought it'd be a good idea to randomly throw him in the game to toss a game changing pick-6. And to be clear, I'm not mad at Greer at all, the guy was simply doing as he was told, but the coach should have known better than to put him in the game.  

Maybe I should just stick to the student side from now on.

she actually cussed you out?  you should have told her, "that's F-ing why" after he threw that pick 6.

if her brother sucks, she should know that criticism is due.

i bet he is a good guy too. But he is the worst FBS QB I have ever witnessed and he is taking up room on the bench.

• Upvote 4

So funny story, Josh Greer's sister actually confronted me and told me to "back the f**k off" because I was angry that Greer was in the game. I understand her being upset because it's her brother, but the worst I said was "why the hell would you put him in the game Canales?!". I hardly ever yell anything at games as it is, but good lord it pissed me off so much that coach Chico thought it'd be a good idea to randomly throw him in the game to toss a game changing pick-6. And to be clear, I'm not mad at Greer at all, the guy was simply doing as he was told, but the coach should have known better than to put him in the game.  

It could be worse...Greer's daddy sent me an angry PM due to my post on this thread that included this gem, "If you ever have the thought about coming out behind your screen name and saying that to Josh's face I would recommend you strongly reconsider."   

• Upvote 6

I think it was 2012.  I remember standing in the club, watching the opposing team score against us at will.  I remarked, "Man, they're scoring at will against us."

That was it.  That was the entirety of my statement.

This lady standing a few feet away comes up to me, pulls out a necklace with a jersey number on it, shakes it at me, and barks, "Show some respect!"

Later, I looked that number up in the program, and it was some freshman offensive lineman who never played that year.

I've been pretty careful about my remarks since except for 2015 when the play has been so laughably bad that I couldn't help but laugh out loud at it.  When Carlos Harris was introduced at the beginning of the game as one of the outgoing seniors, I involuntarily uttered an audible, "Meh."  That turned a few heads, but nobody said anything.

• Upvote 2

I think it was 2012.  I remember standing in the club, watching the opposing team score against us at will.  I remarked, "Man, they're scoring at will against us."

That was it.  That was the entirety of my statement.

This lady standing a few feet away comes up to me, pulls out a necklace with a jersey number on it, shakes it at me, and barks, "Show some respect!"

Later, I looked that number up in the program, and it was some freshman offensive lineman who never played that year.

I've been pretty careful about my remarks since except for 2015 when the play has been so laughably bad that I couldn't help but laugh out loud at it.  When Carlos Harris was introduced at the beginning of the game as one of the outgoing seniors, I involuntarily uttered an audible, "Meh."  That turned a few heads, but nobody said anything.

We used to sit next to DT's parents and grandparents. Really nice people, never saw them engage with anyone. Of course this was 2013 and there wasn't much reason for us to shout about DT, or if there was we kept it quiet obviously. Obviously not everyone knew who they were but they would just sit there quietly and smile if they overheard any criticism. Classy folks. 

• Upvote 2

We used to sit next to DT's parents and grandparents. Really nice people, never saw them engage with anyone. Of course this was 2013 and there wasn't much reason for us to shout about DT, or if there was we kept it quiet obviously. Obviously not everyone knew who they were but they would just sit there quietly and smile if they overheard any criticism. Classy folks. 

If my son were good enough for D1 sports I would do everything in my power to keep AoM off message boards and I might have to tie her down at the games in an effort to keep her from reacting...

So that speaks very well of them and their understanding of what to expect from D1 football. Very classy of them.

• Upvote 1

I also got a message from Greer's dad further reinforcing the over-protective reputation of his family.  Apparently since we have never met in person I could never be so presumptuous about his family and how they operate.

I was further told that his "value" was behind close doors and in areas that we can't see and that he already has job offers from teams for a coaching position.

I was also invited to tell Josh to his face.  

Go eat a snickers.

If my son were good enough for D1 sports I would do everything in my power to keep AoM off message boards and I might have to tie her down at the games in an effort to keep her from reacting...

So that speaks very well of them and their understanding of what to expect from D1 football. Very classy of them.

Especially when your kid is the Quarterback. I know it must be difficult when you're a parent, but you have to realize your son has reached a level of athletic achievement few to none in the stands shouting criticisms have. They have their right to get upset and just take solace that your kid has reached that level. Just my 2 cents. 

And yes--they were great. We miss sitting next to them and the high fives everyone enjoyed that year. Hope those times come back again. 

ETA: I think his dad did wear headphones to listen to the radio broadcast probably for this reason, just FYI. 

Edited by ChristopherRyanWilkes

Was she hot?

• Upvote 6

Dear parents of bad UNT football players,

Please stay away from this forum.  This, for your own emotional well-being.

^ This, why the heck would you join a board after your boy melts down during the game? What does Greer's dad expect us to say?, "Well at least Greer gave it his best, those interceptions just showed that he is putting forth the effort. After all, trying your best is what counts in FBS college football..."

What the guy doesn't understand, is that we have been following/representing this university/team a lot longer than Josh has been a part of it. We are sick and tired of the poor football play. We gave Josh his shot, and he ultimately showed that he is not the guy.

• Upvote 2