Josh Greer in the game and Pick six

Harry

I'm the same way.  In HS my son missed a block and before the coach could get to him he said he heard me yelling "that's on you, that's on you".   I've heard some "kind of" harsh and inaccurate things said about my son in this forum but I just try to brush it off.  I figure he will make y'all eat crow eventually.  :)   

Wonderful attitude.   That is not sarcastic, I truly mean that.  

• Upvote 2

I am not getting in to this debate again, but if my son were a student and I heard him saying that, I would yank his butt out of the student section and embarrass him in front of everyone.  Respect is not generational.  It is respect and adding MF to anything is disrespectful.  Texas Tech students do the same thing.  They have a reason.  UNT students don't and shouldn't.

Very mild compared to the chant we heard at LSU.  I think I blushed.

• Upvote 2

the whole m'fing eagles thing is definitely a generational thing. Most of the student section does it. I do it just about every time and I just graduated. 

I started noticing it when I sat sitting close to some fraternity and sorority looking students during one of the first home games in 2013. I remember shaking my head, because a younger looking couple and their two children (for god knows why they chose to sit with the students) got up and left after the MF'er chant was screamed by that crowd. They probably had to have a convo with their kids about wrong in that fight song after that...

I don't like it, and I graduated 2 years ago... So I'm in the chanting generation, and I will not participate in the degrading of our fight song. Just my opinion though..., I know some other people in my generation think its fun to do.

Edited by GreenTexan13
  • Upvote 1

I started noticing it when I sat sitting close to some fraternity and sorority looking students during one of the first home games in 2013. I remember shaking my head because, and younger looking couple and their two children (for god knows why they chose to sit with the students) got up and left after the MF'er chant was screamed by that crowd. They probably had to have a convo with their kids about wrong in that fight song after that...

I don't like it either, and I graduated 2 years ago... So I'm in the chanting generation, and I will not participate in the degrading of our fight song. Just my opinion though..., I know some other people in my generation think its fun to do.

I think it's kinda funny personally. But I understand the degrading nature of it. I tend to only do it if I'm drunk at the games, so it's about a 50/50 thing for me. Just depends on my mood that particular game I guess 

• Upvote 1

This was the perfect ending to this season. Let's play everyone and give out participation ribbons!! You tried hard!!

No one will ever convince me this wasn't the worst team we have ever fielded in the last 40 years of UNT Football and that it wasn't the worst FBS team in the country. It reminds me of Mike Rhyner's opinion on the 1992 Mavs that won 11 games, avoiding the worst record of all-time in the NBA--there may be records or stats that say differently, but you'll never convince me that they weren't the worst team of all time in the NBA. That's exactly how I feel about the 2015 UNT squad. Worst loss in modern football history. Worst QBs that a FBS squad has ever produced. Our only win was because a very bad UTSA team was down to their 4th and 5th string QBs and we still managed to win by scoring a TD late in the game at home to win. There may very well have been a few teams worst than this one in the previous years of FBS football, but for 2015, we were the worst. I have no doubt about that. 66-7 at home against FCS Portland State on Homecoming cemented that fact.

After that first paragraph I agree with every single word.  Worst team I've ever seen us field.  Hands down.

...and that is EXACTLY why I have no problem with Greer getting PT in that spot.  We'd only been close in one other game all year.  Every other game we were blown out by more than 2 scores.  As a fan sitting in the stands I was just happy that the game was still competitive in the 4th quarter!  The season was lost, if the coaches want to give the guys who have worked all year some kind of reward I am fine with that.

Edited by TIgreen01
  • Upvote 1

I'm the same way.  In HS my son missed a block and before the coach could get to him he said he heard me yelling "that's on you, that's on you".   I've heard some "kind of" harsh and inaccurate things said about my son in this forum but I just try to brush it off.  I figure he will make y'all eat crow eventually.  :)   

Gladly.  Can't wait.

• Upvote 1

If we had been 5-6 coming into this last game and Chico gave PT to Andy and Greer, then it would have been more problematic.  But really...we were 1-10.  Keep them out and MAYBE end up 2-10 instead of 1-11 before you leave UNT forever? I don't think any future employers would fault him for giving them one last blast with this season already being a complete travesty, and with the knowledge that he won't be here in a couple of months.

• Upvote 2

the whole m'fing eagles thing is definitely a generational thing. Most of the student section does it. I do it just about every time and I just graduated. 

So, do you drop f bombs during the national anthem too? or do you pick and chose what to degrade?

Edited by Rudy
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

RV won't have another contract here unless football comes to life sooner than later 

Went 3-13

with Chico playing musical qb's all game Demarcus couldn't get in a rythem the same thing happened to the Dallas Cowboys when Tom Landry flip flops between Roger Staubuck and Craig Morton the led the leauge in passing yards and completions but lost games. To use Bob Lily's quote " The operation was a success, but the patient died."

with Chico playing musical qb's all game Demarcus couldn't get in a rythem the same thing happened to the Dallas Cowboys when Tom Landry flip flops between Roger Staubuck and Craig Morton the led the leauge in passing yards and completions but lost games. To use Bob Lily's quote " The operation was a success, but the patient died."

He's been inaccurate all year. Whether he started, came off the bench, it didn't matter. 46.7% completion percentage. He's obviously got the tools, but he didn't make the most of his opportunities, and he had plenty.

• Upvote 4

He's been inaccurate all year. Whether he started, came off the bench, it didn't matter. 46.7% completion percentage. He's obviously got the tools, but he didn't make the most of his opportunities, and he had plenty.

true he wasn't accurate but when in the game he can make plays if littrell takes the job all excuses will be gone unless he dosnt keep Conner Means from taking the job from him. That said let us be glad mr enthusiasm him self Air Mcnaulty is gone so can't fall back on him.

RV won't have another contract here unless football comes to life sooner than later 

With the whole season a cluster f* that may have started when Demarcus didn't get qualified to take part in spring training (or in the years that McCarney and Chico mismanaged the QB position, including not giving anyone else garbage time reps when we were blowing out people), maybe Saturday was just icing on the cake.  Not sure what I'd call that cake right now.  Of one thing I'm sure; I'm not feeling sentimental about those who have left, or who are in the process of leaving.

• Upvote 1

true he wasn't accurate but when in the game he can make plays if littrell takes the job all excuses will be gone unless he dosnt keep Conner Means from taking the job from him. That said let us be glad mr enthusiasm him self Air Mcnaulty is gone so can't fall back on him.

please....just spend 5 min learning how to spell their names so I can take your post more seriously

I'm not deflecting anything. I think it's a bit ridiculous to compare the North Texas fight song and the national anthem but maybe that's just me.

A better comparison would be the alma mater, which I think has been left alone. Fight songs are supposed to be a little less sacred. Hence the word "fight.". ATM's is irreverent and I am certain that there are several others. I can't say I like the MF in the fight song, but at least the little MFers care enough to show up and scream for the team. 

• Upvote 5