TCU fans on Meachum to UNT

Harry

the point is that before their current HC, they had history of being pretty g.d. sh***y

Just like LSU fans who before Saban were not the great football program they like to believe and the bandwagon fans didn't start showing up until Saban got there

No worries, it was 10 years ago. I get the point, LSU has always had a bunch of bandwagon fans. 

Without a doubt, TCU has the worst fan base in FBS. They're like the Texans fans of NFL or Rangers fans of MLB. Complete lack of understanding in regards to the sports they claim to support.

Not even close.  

From Clemson SC to Colorado Springs CO, to Lincoln Nebraska to Houston Texas and countless college town venues in between,..the absolute worst fans in college football is a tie between Texas Tech and Oklahoma.

Rick

• Upvote 3

Not even close.  

From Clemson SC to Colorado Springs CO, to Lincoln Nebraska to Houston Texas and countless college town venues in between,..the absolute worst fans in college football is a tie between Texas Tech and Oklahoma.

Rick

Agree.  Throw Arkansas and tOSU in the mix, as well.  TCU are amateurs. 

TCU and their fans are a rare breed. They are a successful SMU basically. They had and still have the money, they made some good decision making for their future "following the rules (I think?)". SMU unfortunately got to big of a paddling for their behavior.

you would think that they could have a little sympathy for little ol' UNT. They were in the G5's a little less than 5 years ago. And being that they have had some success the past couple years, I have no doubt in my mind that they will not have a problem replacing Meachum.

IMO, I don't see a lot of their fans outside of Ft. Worth anyways. I think I have a better shot of running into a Baylor fan in Dallas, over a TCU fan.

Edited by GreenTexan13
  • Upvote 2

Not even close.  

Rick

Tech fans are awful...the worst in these parts by miles. 

Baylor fans are the dumbest.

Texas and SMU are the most arrogant...

A&M has the most delusional fanbase in that they think they are better at football than they ever are.

And UNT has the most apathetic fanbase in this region. But that's because they are smart enough to either see or figure out the BS they are fed by the powers that be to leave and follow someone else. That's actually pretty effing smart, if you ask me.

• Upvote 3

Agree.  Throw Arkansas and tOSU in the mix, as well.  TCU are amateurs. 

Possibly,..but I've been to Fayettville twice and it was fairly calm compared to the circus in Norman.  And know that I guage my unofficial college fan dumbassery rating having been to Baton Rouge five times now.

At Tech it's appalling in how that administration allows its students to behave on game days.  As a Texan it's embarrassing and as a family member and fan of West Texas it's just downright sad.  That's not Texas and that's not how West Texans behave and it's always shocking when I have seen it.  I would be so effing pissed if I witnessed NT students acting out and treating our visitors that way.

.....But in Norman?....that is the most unbelievable display of trashy, vulgar adult human behavior within a college setting you'll ever see.  I've been 4 times now and every time my first reaction is..."Where in hell are the educated people who actually went to school here?"  It's pathetic yet strange because if you drive up the road to Stillwater only 2-3 hours away it's the exact opposite.  

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1

Not even close.  

Rick

Disagree, for my money, the worst excuse for human beings that call themselves college football fans reside on a boulevard in Dallas. F those guys.

I'm not as well traveled as FFR but I've been to Fayetteville '07, Waco '99, Austin '06, Norman '07, Houston '08, and Dallas('07 and '15) for away games and the worst of the six was by FAR the SMUg fans.

The fans that came to our home field that I've disliked the most have been the UH fans.

Edited by Cr1028

I just find it interesting.  They can't say, "that's great he will get a chance to become a head coach.  And he will double his salary which is great for his family. We wish him well".  Instead it's, how crappy the program he is going to and how could he ever leave TCU.  Just silly.

TCU has a pretty good history and great traditions but they are not the UT Longhorns or Aggies.  I could understand the fans voicing concerns that he may be leaving early because he could wait for a better job.   But not having to leave the metro area for a FBS head coaching position would be hard to turn down especially if the pay in competitive to want those other "better" positions would offer.  I think I just heard the Tulsa job was open but that isn't really a better job.

Disagree, for my money, the worst excuse for human beings that call themselves college football fans reside on a boulevard in Dallas. F those guys.

I'm not as well traveled as FFR but I've been to Fayetteville '07, Waco '99, Austin '06, Norman '07, Houston '08, and Dallas('07 and '15) for away games and the worst of the six was by FAR the SMUg fans.

The fans that came to our home field that I've disliked the most have been the UH fans.

Well, that's because SMUg fans don't show up to games in Denton. They're too afraid to leave their little bubble down in Dallas but if they did, they'd be worse than UH fans.

• Upvote 2

Wisconsin has rabidly loyal fans, which is great, but they have some of the biggest jackasses there are.  I went to one of the recent Rose Bowls they played in, and their turnout was amazing.  However, what a classless group - I would throw them up there with Texas Tech.

so they have some inferiority complexes.

Funny, reading through this thread, that's what I thought of most of the posts.

Tech fans are awful...the worst in these parts by miles. 

Baylor fans are the dumbest.

Texas and SMU are the most arrogant...

A&M has the most delusional fanbase in that they think they are better at football than they ever are.

And UNT has the most apathetic fanbase in this region. But that's because they are smart enough to either see or figure out the BS they are fed by the powers that be to leave and follow someone else. That's actually pretty effing smart, if you ask me.

So...

what does that makes us?...

Wisconsin has rabidly loyal fans, which is great, but they have some of the biggest jackasses there are.  I went to one of the recent Rose Bowls they played in, and their turnout was amazing.  However, what a classless group - I would throw them up there with Texas Tech.

This is what I have heard about Wisconsin fans too.

$1M a year for 4 years can get you and your family pretty far ahead in life even if there are a few potholes along the way.

Interesting, according to the TCU fans he turned down the Tulsa job last year.  Wonder if the money we offered and being closer made UNT more attractive?

http://www.killerfrogs.com/msgboard/index.php?/topic/196636-meacham-and-north-carolina-assistant-top-2-candidates-for-unt-job/

Edited by Harry