DMNews: UNT down to Littrell and Meacham

Harry

TCU co-offensive coordinator Doug Meacham is one of two candidates who North Texas has closed in on as it nears the end of its search for its next head coach, FootballScoop reported Friday.

According to FootballScoop, UNT athletic director Rick Villarreal is expected to interview Meacham on Sunday and hopes to announce a hire early next week.

Seth Littrell, North Carolina's assistant head coach for offense, is the other name mentioned in FootballScoop's report.

read more:  http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-sports/tcu-horned-frogs/20151127-report-tcu-co-offensive-coordinator-meacham-among-finalists-of-unt-coaching-search.ece

Now...I do think George D's Twitter is interesting a few days ago mentioning Littrell. But I still think Meach is the better hire....better for marketing on top of the other pros. 

he would be more well known here.  Littrell is well respected nationally.  Either one would be great.  I'm real positive about how either and think they did a good job narrowing it down.

WTF?!  How is he one of your final two, and you still have to have another interview?! So stupid.

Ha.  If this in true (and it is a big if),  my guess is that Littrel was really impressive in the interview and it is up to Meacham to knock him out.  I don't really follow TCU or UNC closely enough to know who'd I'd prefer.  Would Littrel be willing to take a new job prior to the ACC Conference championship or would we have to wait until afterwards?

• Upvote 3

Ha.  If this in true (and it is a big if),  my guess is that Littrel was really impressive in the interview and it is up to Meacham to knock him out.  I don't really follow TCU or UNC closely enough to know who'd I'd prefer.  Would Littrel be willing to take a new job prior to the ACC Conference championship or would we have to wait until afterwards?

I don't know how it works in head coaching interviews but a (presumptively second) interview could also just be to affirm their decision. Could tell him he has the job Sunday after making sure.