4th candidate

dml7007

We aren't the University of Houston, for gripes sake. And we surely aren't UT or Alabama. He has no clue about what awaits him at UNT.

I would have rather seen Lincoln Reilly over these 3 or 4, to tell you the truth. At least he had a good couple of years at ECU before going to a P5.

Chris Tomasen is a much better candidate for what we need than any of these 3. 

What makes you think Hermann would have been successful at UNT?

I don't think it really matters if the HC understands our situation and our problems here.  It's not hard to see what's lagging here and many other programs similar to ours...the coach's job is to win games and unfortunately there isn't an exact science on hiring coaches who will turn out to be successful.  No matter our problems coaches have humongous egos and they'll think they can be the savior in any program out there.  The issue has been hiring which have turned out awful over and over again.  

Maybe we need someone that doesn't understand our problems and think its ridiculous that we're in the state we're in so he can infuse some hope and try to change things for the great good.  But at the end of the day none of it matters if you wont win games. I don't care how many alums we have in our area but nobody wants to see perpetual losers and god awful products on the field/court etc.

Completely different circumstances and a terrible comparison

You think so? A division of Boeing produces a product that we do. Boeing has limitless resources compared with our small company. We have to be inventive in how we compete. Now, if I had the opportunity to hire a program manager from them to be my head guy, should I just disqualify him because all of his experience has been as a mid level manager for a fortune 500 (P5)?

• Upvote 1

You think so? A division of Boeing produces a product that we do. Boeing has limitless resources compared with our small company. We have to be inventive in how we compete. Now, if I had the opportunity to hire a program manager from them to be my head guy, should I just disqualify him because all of his experience has been as a mid level manager for a fortune 500 (P5)?

is the culture in your company so terrible that you can't get venders orders filled even when those orders are placed way in advance?

Do you hang on to people you know are bad hires in spite of those people costing you thousands upon thousands of dollars? 

Do you continually lie to your investors about why the quality of your product sucks so bad?

Dont compare a successful small business to the disaster that is this AD. It's not fair, and you know it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Applewhite had been at Houston one year. He also spent one year at Rice. Other than that, he is a P5 coach and player.

The WTF factor he would experience upon arrival would be soul killing to him, and he wouldn't know how to handle it.

Rielly was at ECU 5. And again, I'm not advocating for Rielly, just saying he is a better candidate than the ones mentioned as possible finalists. 

got it. other than those years that he has g5 experience, he has no experience at g5 schools. I agree with your assessment there. Since he has worked at g5s. 

Also I noticed that yodid not adrress the argument that ECU has serious support and probably doesn't feel much like little old UNT.

• Upvote 1

got it. other than those years that he has g5 experience, he has no experience at g5 schools. I agree with your assessment there. Since he has worked at g5s. 

Also I noticed that yodid not adrress the argument that ECU has serious support and probably doesn't feel much like little old UNT.

check the last paragraph again.

Read completely 

• Downvote 1

And you can throw another temper tantrum? How old are you?

I don't think fans should be trying to run other fans off because they disagree on coaching hires. It's a part of the problem here, much like Fly telling all of us our contributions don't matter. 

I never got the memo that as a MGC member I am supposed to run off fans while ignoring incompetence in the Athletic Department.  Harry want positive realistic solutions to fix the program while accepting RV.  Well that is like telling me to walk on water.  It goes well beyond RV and the leadership of the school has demonstrated they aren't willing to change the culture to bring success here.   And sadly it appears to me that a lot GM Forum members are a part of that defeatist culture.   

• Upvote 2

jesus christ if it isn't fritz or Thomsen it's a bad hire. That is just ignorant. Meacham, applewhite, or littrell with be better than anything we have had in twenty years. They will help with recruiting and offensive strategy immediately. . And with right defensive hiring they will be fine. Quit being so damn negative. 

This is the same thing that was said about DMac. And it was wrong.

So now RV overreacts. Again. And goes the exact opposite way he did last time. Which is the exact same thing he did last time. 

And you expect a different outcome. 

Min 4 years we will have a losing record and will be looking for a new coach

• Downvote 1

This is the same thing that was said about DMac. And it was wrong.

So now RV overreacts. Again. And goes the exact opposite way he did last time. Which is the exact same thing he did last time. 

And you expect a different outcome. 

Min 4 years we will have a losing record and will be looking for a new coach

i will take notes negative nancy 

But I'm sure you have your marching orders when it comes to me...

Let me promise you one thing...no one within the athletic department or university in general has ever mentioned you to me nor indicated they care about your posts other than other GMG.Com posters who have asked me..."do you know who that UNT90 guy is"?  Try not to let your ego get out of hand here. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Let me promise you one thing...no one within the athletic department or university in general has ever mentioned you to me nor indicated they care about your posts other than other GMG.Com posters who have asked me..."do you know who that UNT90 guy is"?  Try not to let your ego get out of hand here. 

I'm an important mofo, whether they admit it or not. 

Otherwise why would I be on the hiring committee?...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1