4th candidate

dml7007

North Texas: One name to keep an eye on for the North Texas head coaching job is North Carolina assistant head coach for offense / tight ends coach Seth Littrell. 

http://coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker

Seems to have lots of experience and has recruited in Texas.

http://www.goheels.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209385752

• Upvote 3

What makes them underwhelming?

No head coaching experience for any of them. All P5 spoiled and will be stunned at the dysfunction inside this AD and with this fan base. 

None realize the MASSIVE undertaking that awaits them.

Some have only one person in mind.  It's like that horse with blinders on - limited sightlines. GMG

Wrong. I have a set of parameters in mind. None of these coaches meet them. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 6

No head coaching experience for any of them. All P5 spoiled and will be stunned at the dysfunction inside this AD and with this fan base. 

None realize the MASSIVE undertaking that awaits them.

Based on that if we would've fired Mac last year and brought Tom Herman in you would've considered him an underwhelming guy. 

Both Meacham and Applewhite have worked a lot of years below the P5 level. 

• Upvote 5

Based on that if we would've fired Mac last year and brought Tom Herman in you would've considered him an underwhelming guy. 

Both Meacham and Applewhite have worked a lot of years below the P5 level. 

We aren't the University of Houston, for gripes sake. And we surely aren't UT or Alabama. He has no clue about what awaits him at UNT.

I would have rather seen Lincoln Reilly over these 3 or 4, to tell you the truth. At least he had a good couple of years at ECU before going to a P5.

Chris Tomasen is a much better candidate for what we need than any of these 3. 

What makes you think Hermann would have been successful at UNT?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 10

jesus christ if it isn't fritz or Thomsen it's a bad hire. That is just ignorant. Meacham, applewhite, or littrell with be better than anything we have had in twenty years. They will help with recruiting and offensive strategy immediately. . And with right defensive hiring they will be fine. Quit being so damn negative. 

You know, as much as I hate to admit being on the same wave length with UNT90, he is absolutely right. Any of these candidates who have spent all their tenure at the P5 level will come here and (like Coach Mac), look around in a couple of years and say "what the hell is wrong with these people!?!?." 

The first coach to say something similar to this was Bob Tyler. 

Thomsen and Fritz. Both were successful under adverse conditions. Therefore perfect for our program.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

You know, as much as I hate to admit being on the same wave length with UNT90, he is absolutely right. Any of these candidates who have spent all their tenure at the P5 level will come here and (like Coach Mac), look around in a couple of years and say "what the hell is wrong with these people!?!?." 

Thomsen and Fritz. Both were successful under adverse conditions. Therefore perfect for our program.

well arent interested and aren't coming so lick  your wounds and move on. Any of the three I would take over Mac and dodge. Now chambers on the other hand is definitely the most underwhelming name to date

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

it appears they are we aren't interested.  Fritz seems to want the Iowa State job. 

Edited by Harry

jesus christ if it isn't fritz or Thomsen it's a bad hire. That is just ignorant. Meacham, applewhite, or littrell with be better than anything we have had in twenty years. They will help with recruiting and offensive strategy immediately. . And with right defensive hiring they will be fine. Quit being so damn negative. 

No, it's a bad hire because none of them have ever been involved with a program with the challenges that will face them at UNT. 

Read my precious post. It's not hard. Anyone who HAS BEEN A HEAD COACH IN A CHALLENGING SITUATION AT A G5 LEVEL OR BELOW AND HAS WON!!

Maybe that's big enough for you?

well arent interested and aren't coming so lick  your wounds and move on. Any of the three I would take over Mac and dodge. Now chambers on the other hand is definitely the most underwhelming name to date

Any of the 3 won't get us back to a bowl and will be fired year 4.

Thats worse than Mac.

• Upvote 2

No, it's a bad hire because none of them have ever been involved with a program with the challenges that will face them at UNT. 

Read my precious post. It's not hard. Anyone who HAS BEEN A HEAD COACH IN A CHALLENGING SITUATION AT A G5 LEVEL OR BELOW AND HAS WON!!

Why would someone like that wanna make a lateral or downward move to Norht Texas?

• Upvote 6

yes i have asked you for candidates that fit that bill.. and all you could say was fritz.. Guess briles was an underwhelming hire at houston. Patterson an underwhelming hire at tcu. Fuentes  was an underwhelming hire at memphis and numerous other examples. A high school kids will be more excited about playing for the former  OC of TCU than a guy who had success at Angelo State back in the early 2000's... 

• Upvote 3

yes i have asked you for candidates that fit that bill.. and all you could say was fritz.. Guess briles was an underwhelming hire at houston. Patterson an underwhelming hire at tcu. Fuentes  was an underwhelming hire at memphis and numerous other examples. A high school kids will be more excited about playing for the former  OC of TCU than a guy who had success at Angelo State back in the early 2000's... 

I also gave you Tomason, even though you choose to ignore that in your attempt to paint me as a one candidate person, which I'm not.

But Fritz is BY FAR the best option for our situation. 

Why would someone like that wanna make a lateral or downward move to Norht Texas?

Like who? It's not a lateral move for Tomason. 

Nor would it be for a successful FCS head coach.

• Upvote 1

I also gave you Tomason, even though you choose to ignore that in your attempt to paint me as a one candidate person, which I'm not.

Okay that's the same two I mentioned. Now they aren't interested and aren't coming so lick your wounds and move on, and support whoever it is as long as it isn'the chambers.. please lord let it be one of the other 3

• Downvote 1

Like who? It's not a lateral move for Tomason. 

Nor would it be for a successful FCS head coach.

a successful FCS coach is going to understand our struggles...makes sense 

Okay that's the same two I mentioned. Now they aren't interested and aren't coming so lick your wounds and move on, and support whoever it is as long as it isn'the chambers.. please lord let it be one of the other 3

No thanks. I expect more for my support than give up hires by a crappy AD

• Upvote 2