2 Finalists Leaked

jtm0097

So piecing it together we have:

Meacham - Makes sense and seems to be the most qualified as he is/has been the play caller for some of the most high powered offenses in football.

Applewhite - Knows what it takes to win and recruit at a G5

Chambers - Most likely the mystery FOI candidate that Vito mentioned. I like that he is one of us but he has been a position coach at the same school for 17 years.

??? - Who is the fourth finalist

Edited by Eagle-96

Major's stock is going up after Houston's win today.  I would take either one.  Both have their strengths.  Major makes a BIG splash across the state and gives you instant name recognition.  Meacham is the safer hire in terms of experience but does not have the name recognition.  Very interesting.

I don't think Meacham is the recruiter we need. I think he's more of guy who is suited to take a team to the next level after they already have the pieces in place, like he did at TCU. From what I've seen, I would be surprised to see him recruit at Dodge's level. He seems like a low floor, low ceiling guy. I'm still not sure what I think about Applewhite. I like that he has had success at G5 schools. I would be shocked if it were Chambers.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Major's stock is going up after Houston's win today.  I would take either one.  Both have their strengths.  Major makes a BIG splash across the state and gives you instant name recognition.  Meacham is the safer hire in terms of experience but does not have the name recognition.  Very interesting.

In regard to the recruits, I'd argue that neither would really have name recognition. Major is well known to us older fans, but few of these high school kids know what Applewhite did at Texas.

I think Meacham can get more mileage out of telling recruits he coached Boykin and ran that TCU offense.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 5

I think Meacham should be known by recruits in the DFW area at least. For the record, I'd be fine with Applewhite as well. I'd say this is the next tier for me after Riley and others though. That's to be expected though. 

Unless he was recruiting them or they're avid TCU fans, I doubt that. We often overrate just how much about college football these recruits know. Particularly before they actually go through the recruiting process (like the current juniors who will be our new coach's first full-cycle class).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Unless he was recruiting them or they're avid TCU fans, I doubt that. We often overrate just how much about college football these recruits know. Particularly before they actually go through the recruiting process (like the current juniors who will be our new coach's first full-cycle class).

You mean recruits didn't know about McCarney's national championship at Florida? 

• Upvote 4

Has he removed this tweet?  Cause I don't see it up there anymore.  You never know about these things but I would be good with both of them.  

He posted it two days ago but I never saw it or heard anything about it, so I too question the validity. Waiting on word from Zach Barnett before I believe it. 

• Upvote 1

So underwhelming and destined for failure.

I really hope the 4th unidentified candidate is much better than this group.

joealb.gif Inside info on 4th candidate!

Edited by EagleMBA