Fedora calls Seth Littrell a "Rising Star"

Harry

Offensive coordinator and play-caller Seth Littrell, who Fedora says is "a rising star," has also continued to impress. The Tar Heels are ranked 12th in the nation in scoring (40.1 points per game), which has started to generate buzz for potential head-coaching jobs for the 37-year-old. He was previously an assistant in high-powered offenses at Indiana, Arizona and Texas Tech.

"He does a great job," Fedora says of Littrell. "For a play-caller, you've got to have a very good feel for your quarterback and I think he does. He has a good understanding of what we need to do with (Marquise) and how to make this offense go."

Last season, the dual-threat Williams set 18 school records and this year he's on pace to top many of those numbers. He's thrown for 2,117 yards with 15 touchdowns and seven interceptions as well as rushed for 558 yards and six touchdowns on 84 carries this season. But it's Williams' leadership that's improved the most and been so important, according to Fedora.

read more:  http://www.campusrush.com/north-carolina-tar-heels-larry-fedora-1453511048.html

He says all the right things - up tempo offense; make the defense defend the whole field on every play; have an offensive plan, but tailor it to the player you have, not that ones you had at another school, etc.  Sounds good:

You mean you don't have to force feed an archaic offense to your players?

Nah, you'll never get a national championship ring that way.

• Upvote 2

If Littrell picks I solid staff I could get excited I think for this hire. 

there is no question he would be able to bring in a very good staff.  The question lies in whether or not our administration and donors want to fund said staff or not.  Quality assistants need to be paid competitively or you run a turnstile.  This guy is a rising star and good assistants know that if he goes places they will go with him.  Littrell is not planning to be here 5-10 years.  If he does what I think he can do he will be here no more than 2-3 which is fine.

there is no question he would be able to bring in a very good staff.  The question lies in whether or not our administration and donors want to fund said staff or not.  Quality assistants need to be paid competitively or you run a turnstile.  This guy is a rising star and good assistants know that if he goes places they will go with him.  Littrell is not planning to be here 5-10 years.  If he does what I think he can do he will be here no more than 2-3 which is fine.

I like that but I am hoping 3-4, yes build and move. 

It seems somewhat realistic to understand the major "threat" of him leaving would be for the Oklahoma job. But, it's fair to say that "if" we got to that point, we'd all be happy anyways

Put us on the map and leave us much better than you found us, hell yes. That starts taking us up levels again. 

So, for once we could maybe get the buyout when a head coach leaves?

• Upvote 3