Doug Meacham anyone?

Harry

11242888.jpeg

Meacham is not getting as much pub as Riley and Briles, probably because he is a little older (50).  He played in college at Ok St. with current TCU asst  coach Curtis Luper who is an outstanding recruiter.  Perhaps we could lure the both of them?  He's certainly a guy that deserves some consideration as he is from this area.

4. Doug Meacham, TCU co-offensive coordinator: The former Oklahoma State offensive lineman has been coaching since 1989, but is yet to get his first head coaching gig. That may change this winter, as he's raised his profile a bit at TCU. He took over a TCU offense that scored only 25.1 points per game in 2013 and immediately improved that number to 46.5 points per game in 2014. This year, the Frogs are scoring 44.3.

In his one season at Houston, before joining TCU's staff, the Cougars scored 33.2 points per game. It's obvious that between his eight seasons on Mike Gundy's staff at Oklahoma State, and his years at Houston and TCU, Meacham has learned how to put together a potent offense, and he might be ready to branch out on his own at this point.

read more:  http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25382398/friday-five-the-best-coaching-candidates-nobodys-talking-about

I would be ok with it.  But, is he interested?

I can't help but think that RV has ruined the interest from quality coaches.  I have to admit, I would be hesitant...  If we had a president to clean house, I think our chances of hiring a quality someone would be much greater.  But, I suppose I need to reserve judgement before we actually make a hire.  I have no-confidence in this department though. 

• Upvote 1

I can't help but think that RV has ruined the interest from quality coaches.  I have to admit, I would be hesitant...  If we had a president to clean house, I think our chances of hiring a quality someone would be much greater.  

So much this. Every instinct I have tells me this is going to be a reactive failure of a hire and we will be doing this same dance in 2019.

Hope I'm wrong.

I would be happy with Meacham as the choice because he is the one who calls the plays for TCU even though he is listed as co-offensive coordinator with Cumbie. To me that is much more responsibility than Cumbie. Meacham also has more experience in coaching then Cumbie as well. 

• Upvote 1