Weather for UTEP game

UNT90

A high of 49 degrees with a 60% chance of rain.

Long way off, but if this forecast pans out, there may be less than 1k in attendance.

Thanks RV.

I hope this forecast doesn't hold because it makes it too easy to say "F@#k it! Let's finish off the leftovers and find a significant game on the tube.".  Of course, I did get my pneumonia shot this year so I'll probably be one of the 300. That would be symbolic.  Thanks RV.

• Upvote 2

A high of 49 degrees with a 60% chance of rain.

Long way off, but if this forecast pans out, there may be less than 1k in attendance.

Thanks RV.

Why are any conference games held against RV?  C-USA puts the conference slate together.  None of the AD's have a say.  They might put in requests, but I highly doubt the conference takes any of them into consideration.   Do you think any AD would say, "Please schedule a home game for us the weekend after Thanksgiving!"?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Why are any conference games held against RV?  C-USA puts the conference slate together.  None of the AD's have a say.  They might put in requests, but I highly doubt the conference takes any of them into consideration.   Do you think any AD would say, "Please schedule a home game for us the weekend after Thanksgiving!"?

He could try.

• Upvote 1

Kid and I will be there, probably taking great advantage of the climate controlled viewing area and molesting the cheesecake.

A request to any AD people who may be reading this.  For the love of God, get some coffee in the club for this game.  Please.  It doesn't have to be free.  I'll pay for it.  Just make sure it's hot.

Ewwwwww! Disturbing image.

200.gif

• Upvote 1

Sir, that is not cheesecake.  It is warm apple pie.  Please.  We've got standards in our family!

You are correct, sir! Apple pies are way more slutty than cheesecakes. Also, its hard to find a .gif of a cheesecake being molested on short notice.

might as well come freeze to death. I'm already dead inside. Hahahaha. I kid, I kid...

But I will be there. In full gear.

I still have my Mean Green Club black poncho/stadium blanket in my carry bag. Quite appropriate for November 28, actually.

• Upvote 2

RV isn't responsible for the UTEP game date or weather. Attendance on the other hand, he shares responsibility for no fans being there. Especially the one's he ran off with his big mouth. I think he truly underestimated the "small minority" of fans that want him gone. His current employment as the AD is hurting the entire university. We need a healthy start.

• Upvote 4

If you think ADs can't influence or have input into the conference schedule, you must be living in Colorado. 

Every AD attempts to get the best for their school.

Except ours. 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 7

I think he was just criticizing bad hire after bad hire. If we were 9-2 going into that game the weather would be irrelevant. Since we will be probably 1-10 going into that game the weather just adds to the list of reasons not to attend. When your team sucks really bad it's easier to hunt for excuses to not attend. We suck really bad a lot.  

I can deal with cold ,and I can deal with snow. What I can't really deal with is cold rain. 49 degrees and rain.....can't  deal with it.

But oldguy told me he would share his cheesecake if you show up.

tumblr_m5irdb98N81rxgaoqo1_250.gif

I'll bet that will strengthen your resolve to be there.

• Upvote 3

I think he was just criticizing bad hire after bad hire. If we were 9-2 going into that game the weather would be irrelevant. Since we will be probably 1-10 going into that game the weather just adds to the list of reasons not to attend. When your team sucks really bad it's easier to hunt for excuses to not attend. We suck really bad a lot.  

Actually, it was more a comment that now our average attendance for the year will certainly fall below 14k.

And it appears the athletic director will suffer zero consequences.

I hope this forecast doesn't hold because it makes it too easy to say "F@#k it! Let's finish off the leftovers and find a significant game on the tube.".  Of course, I did get my pneumonia shot this year so I'll probably be one of the 300. That would be symbolic.  Thanks RV.

200.gif

• Upvote 3

Actually, it was more a comment that now our average attendance for the year will certainly fall below 14k.

And it appears the athletic director will suffer zero consequences.

Attendance YTD:

Rice          19,602
Port St          19,801
WKY          10,155
UTSA          10,292
Average          14,963

Needed to stay above 14,000 for the year:  10,150

Needed to achieve 15,000 for the year:  15,150

Needed to achieve 19,000 for the year (approx. 2013 average): 35,150

Average attendance for the year if not a single soul shows up to the last game: 11,970

Weather is always relevant with this fanbase

see UTSA 2013

• Upvote 1

Attendance YTD:

Rice          19,602
Port St          19,801
WKY          10,155
UTSA          10,292
Average          14,963

Average attendance for the year if not a single soul shows up to the last game: 11,970

They will count pre-sold season tickets as butts in seats. 

Attemdance will be however many season ticket holders we have plus 500, and about 85 of that will be the band.

isnt it funny that investors in this program aren't allowed to know how many other investors (season ticket holders) are involved? 

Only at North Texas.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Attendance YTD:

Rice          19,602
Port St          19,801
WKY          10,155
UTSA          10,292
Average          14,963

We will not stay above 14K this year and that is an utter joke. By years end we will be AVERAGING less than 50% capacity and yet there is not one warm coal under RV's seat. This place is pitiful. 

@flyonthewall  #itisinfactallajoke

And to add..The Rice attendance is a very telling number. On a hot day after a sound beating the week before vs our rival 19,602 still showed up because we are hungry for a winner. The rapid decline attendance followed suit. People want to associate themselves with a winner and time and time again our athletic director has proven beyond means that he cannot produce that on the football field. The only winner we have had on the football field during his era he ran out of town and didn't even hire the man. Fly, WE are the joke. US. North Texas boosters, supporters, attendees, and everything else in between. 

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Upvote 4

They will count pre-sold season tickets as butts in seats. 

Attemdance will be however many season ticket holders we have plus 500, and about 85 of that will be the band.

isnt it funny that investors in this program aren't allowed to know how many other investors (season ticket holders) are involved? 

Only at North Texas.

That information is highly classified because if it was available year-to-year for the last few years it would no doubt show some disturbing trends and failed objectives, just like Cerebus' MGC membership graph. They can't stand the scrutiny so it is being swept under the rug.

• Upvote 5

For lack of better productive things to do, annual attendance averages since my first game in 2008:

2008: 16,956

2009: 18,061

2010: 17,718

2011: 18,864

2012: 18,927

2013: 21,030

2014: 19,271

2015: 14,963

Graph:

HvOxihf.png

That is one hell of a precipitous drop.  I don't care who you support, to which side of this internal battle you pledge your allegiance.  This should be alarming, and you should care about it.

• Upvote 6

For lack of better productive things to do, annual attendance averages since my first game in 2008:

That is one hell of a precipitous drop.  I don't care who you support, to which side of this internal battle you pledge your allegiance.  This should be alarming, and you should care about it.

Wow, that is concerning. I also find it interesting that we had a winning hangover in 2014. Despite the bad season, attendance was higher in 14 than every other year prior to 13. That does give some credence to winning impacting attendance, but that it should be coupled with marketing and promotions to get us to where we want to be.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Graph:

HvOxihf.png

The alarming part is that we weren't good in 2011 and 2012 and still drew 17-18k.

This year we will draw less than 14k. Some of this can be attributed to weather and crap ass scheduling by a terrible AD, but there is a percentage that left. That got tired of losing. That couldn't stomach a 59 point loss in a game scheduled by RV and made the homecoming game by RV (on Texas/OU weekend, none the less).

These people simply won't be back next year. 

On the same note, we had UTEP, UTSA, and Rice at home in 2013 and perfect weather for every game except UTSA, when it was simply cool. And we were winning. UTEP brought a ton of fans. 

This year we had those same teams and drew 10k for UTSA with good weather on Halloween (the one Saturday all fall when you don't want a 6pm start time). Rice was a good crowd early in the year. UTEP will bring no one and draw no one.

Edited by UNT90