Did Sidway ever post the full RV interview?

UNT90

Scott tweeted a week ago that it was taking a while to transcribe the full 2 hour interview. I also think he is tied up with his ongoing coverage of FC Dallas in the MLS playoffs.

Yeah, he made it sound like he wanted to get it completely right rather than rush it in any way.

I don't know who/what "Sidway" is.  Please enlighten me.

(Is this the fictional bowl game Matt Simon mentioned ?)

Scott Sidway is a writer for the NT Daily. He also covers FC Dallas for MLSsoccer.com so his duties are split. He interviewed RV for 2 hours about various topics on or around 10/21. Some of RVs responses were comical regarding his hires and such. His Twitter is @ScottyWK if you want to follow.

• Upvote 1

Scott Sidway is a writer for the NT Daily. He also covers FC Dallas for MLSsoccer.com so his duties are split. He interviewed RV for 2 hours about various topics on or around 10/21. Some of RVs responses were comical regarding his hires and such. His Twitter is @ScottyWK if you want to follow.

Editor*  A NT Daily writer wouldn't interview RV.  I'm assuming he had some questions RV wasn't used to.  I hope he did his research and came in with all the facts. 

Edited by Dr. Seuss
  • Upvote 1

Editor*  A NT Daily writer wouldn't interview RV.  I'm assuming he had some questions RV wasn't used to.  I hope he did his research and came in with all the facts. 

He absolutely did his research. Scott gave tidbits of the interview on his Twitter account. Sidway specifically called RV out on a statement regarding how basketball attendance as a whole had decreased in the NCAA and that the attendance drop under Benford was on par when the exact opposite was true regarding NCAA BBall attendance. RV was busted.

In addition to what's already been said, Sidway broke the McCarney firing on Twitter. He's one of the better sports reporters The Daily has had for a while.

Ever, HOF? Honestly someone who had the stones to interview RV and then post it here, and somehow broke the McCarney firing first should be given a lifetime contract.

• Upvote 2

Ever, HOF? Honestly someone who had the stones to interview RV and then post it here, and somehow broke the McCarney firing first should be given a lifetime contract.

I'm a former Daily editor who worked there from 1988-1990, so while I like Sidway's work I won't be calling him the best ever.

Mike Drago (now the Viewpoints editor at the DMN) and Brian Boney did some great sports stories back then, when Corky Nelson was football coach and we entered a season as the No. 1 ranked team in I-AA. Scott Milder also was a great sports photographer.

Sadly, the biggest thing that happened in UNT football when I was running The Daily was going to Kansas State in Bill Snyder's first season as head coach and giving them their first victory in 29 games in 1989. They tore down their goalposts and I caught hell from the journalism professors for putting a photo of that on The Daily's front page. I figured if a team that beats you tears the goalposts down, that's the big photo of the game.

There was also a game where SMU came to Fouts a year later and the teams brawled while leaving the field at halftime. You could see Nelson and a few other coaches throwing punches. The crowd was fired up after that, making that 14-7 win on a dreary night a sweet victory over those Omega Theta Pi bastards.

• Upvote 1

He absolutely did his research. Scott gave tidbits of the interview on his Twitter account. Sidway specifically called RV out on a statement regarding how basketball attendance as a whole had decreased in the NCAA and that the attendance drop under Benford was on par when the exact opposite was true regarding NCAA BBall attendance. RV was busted.

Yeah, I know.  I follow him and we tweet back and forth.  I say hope; undersell/ over-deliver.  Something UNT should start doing