Frenchy's Response To The Banner

MeanGreenWithEnvy

I don't have anything against Louisiana Tech or Ruston by the way. LT outperforms and should be proud. But anyone who supports an NT administrator who lets us not only to languish in the same league but to be getting killed by LT, is crazy.  NT has to be the worst underperforming university in America. So instead of pride we have shame.

• Upvote 4

Not requested for the most part. Non-profits do at time make requests which he gladly accepts.  Always free.  Frenchy does this on his own.  Folks can knock him for being a bit of a self-promoter, but he gives a ton to the local community both of himself and from his company.  I know how hard he works on community projects as I am a member with him in the local chapter of the Viet Nam Veterans Association and he is a dynamo of volunteerism within our group, and when I recently volunteered to work a shift at the Eureka2 playground re-build there were several Frenchy vehicles there and several Frenchy employees working....while the workers volunteered their time and Frenchy provided vehicles and implements for the build, he also paid these folks their normal wages while working on that community project.  He has also and recently been diagnosed with prostrate cancer (he has gone public with it so I am not divulging anything private here) and is now adding cancer fund raising and awareness benefits to his otherwise busy schedule. I have no clue if the RV thing was real or not, but I can tell you....Frenchy is the real deal and a great asset to the Denton area community.

Soooo.... Frenchy for AD?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't have anything against Louisiana Tech or Ruston by the way. LT outperforms and should be proud. But anyone who supports an NT administrator who lets us not only to languish in the same league but to be getting killed by LT, is crazy.  NT has to be the worst underperforming university in America. So instead of pride we have shame.

It happens and is allowed to happen because the BOR and administration don't care. They'd get rid of the football program and use Apogee for concerts if it was their druthers. But there are enough fans, miraculously, that would leave UNT behind as soon as that football program got disbanded, meaning loss of KNOWN donors. Since we can't afford to lose any donors of a major level, the university instead has done two things over the years--1.) They just run it like its a ISD's program, just offering it as an option for students to attend even if it is poo-poo'd by the faculty, most of the student body, and most of the citizens of Denton. 2.) Now that they have major donors for athletics, so as to not disturb the apple cart, they basically are letting them run the program--and those 17 people have been sold a "vision" by RV, so they keep him in place, so as to keep their access to the program and to not have to admit that they got swindled by their buddy.

And that's why you are dead-on about us having shame instead of pride.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1