Frenchy's Response To The Banner

MeanGreenWithEnvy

Denton loves him because he's doing a fine job of keeping gameday traffic around the city to a minimum. 

I chuckled last time I drove into town and a flashing sign said warning slow moving traffic ahead UNT game day. I thought to myself they must be talking about our offense. Then I get to the parking lot and it was only half filled, then I realized they WERE talking about our offense. 

• Upvote 6

It's bogus. Take a look at the Frenchy's logo on the front- the entire logo does not fit on the vehicle itself. Additionally, the panel with the number "2" covers a portion on the passenger side door, preventing it from being operated. If you look closely at the portion of the vinyl that reads "Rick Villareal", it actually does not have the tell-tale rise from the raised metal that goes across the right flank of the truck itself (which if it were actual, the pressure required to fix the lettering placard to the vehicle would be present against the sign itself). Also, the haphazard spacing and size differential of the lettering shows either 1) the letters used were not procured from the same source (a technique used in cut-and-paste letters preventing handwriting analysts from identifying culprits of crimes) or 2) the fabricator went to an unrealistic (and ultimately damning) effort to give the appearance that this was made with human hands. With the resources that a small business like Frenchy's has at it's disposal, and if it were truly a truck that was used with the intent to show solidarity with the athletic director, the effort would have a far more professional appearance than what we are looking at.

It's a slow day, so I had our intel analysts look at this picture to give me their thoughts. They also asked who the hell is Rick Villareal.

• Upvote 1

It's bogus. Take a look at the Frenchy's logo on the front- the entire logo does not fit on the vehicle itself. Additionally, the panel with the number "2" covers a portion on the passenger side door, preventing it from being operated. If you look closely at the portion of the vinyl that reads "Rick Villareal", it actually does not have the tell-tale rise from the raised metal that goes across the right flank of the truck itself (which if it were actual, the pressure required to fix the lettering placard to the vehicle would be present against the sign itself). Also, the haphazard spacing and size differential of the lettering shows either 1) the letters used were not procured from the same source (a technique used in cut-and-paste letters preventing handwriting analysts from identifying culprits of crimes) or 2) the fabricator went to an unrealistic (and ultimately damning) effort to give the appearance that this was made with human hands. With the resources that a small business like Frenchy's has at it's disposal, and if it were truly a truck that was used with the intent to show solidarity with the athletic director, the effort would have a far more professional appearance than what we are looking at.

It's a slow day, so I had our intel analysts look at this picture to give me their thoughts. They also asked who the hell is Rick Villareal.

So what you are saying is that the only support Rick Villarreal has is in virtual reality?

Fitting?

• Upvote 3

Frenchys-Van-web.jpg

Not sure if the original was fake or not. I don't think that particular van moves so pasting over the door isn't a problem. In the pictures above, the rail on the van doesn't put a rise in the letters. Any shadows will vary with the time of day and how tightly attached the letters are. 

Why is it bad that a long time supporter of NT and it's athletic program showing some support for the director of that program? It doesn't mean he agrees with every decision and it doesn't mean he's opposed to a change. It certainly doesn't mean he's getting free tickets or special service. Lots of social media  hate- and airborne media hate - tend to generate significant sympathy for the subject of that hate. That's part of social media 101. 

Edited by VideoEagle
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Frenchys-Van-web.jpg

Not sure if the original was fake or not. I don't think that particular van moves so pasting over the door isn't a problem. In the pictures above, the rail on the van doesn't put a rise in the letters. Any shadows will vary with the time of day and how tightly attached the letters are. 

Why is it bad that a long time supporter of NT and it's athletic program showing some support for the director of that program? It doesn't mean he agrees with every decision and it doesn't mean he's opposed to a change. It certainly doesn't mean he's getting free tickets or special service. Lots of social media  hate- and airborne media hate - tend to generate significant sympathy for the subject of that hate. That's part of social media 101. 

There is that hate word from you again, and your posts have always suggested, if not outright stated, your undying love for everything RV (see how that works?). 

Its not "hate" to expect accountability for terrible job performance, especially after 15 years. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Frenchys-Van-web.jpg

But the hatred gives us strength. It gives us focus.

Are birthdays and things like that paid for or just requested and he does it for free? 

Not requested for the most part. Non-profits do at time make requests which he gladly accepts.  Always free.  Frenchy does this on his own.  Folks can knock him for being a bit of a self-promoter, but he gives a ton to the local community both of himself and from his company.  I know how hard he works on community projects as I am a member with him in the local chapter of the Viet Nam Veterans Association and he is a dynamo of volunteerism within our group, and when I recently volunteered to work a shift at the Eureka2 playground re-build there were several Frenchy vehicles there and several Frenchy employees working....while the workers volunteered their time and Frenchy provided vehicles and implements for the build, he also paid these folks their normal wages while working on that community project.  He has also and recently been diagnosed with prostrate cancer (he has gone public with it so I am not divulging anything private here) and is now adding cancer fund raising and awareness benefits to his otherwise busy schedule. I have no clue if the RV thing was real or not, but I can tell you....Frenchy is the real deal and a great asset to the Denton area community.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

Not requested for the most part. Non-profits do at time make requests which he gladly accepts.  Always free.  Frenchy does this on his own.  Folks can knock him for being a bit of a self-promoter, but he gives a ton to the local community both of himself and from his company.  I know how hard he works on community projects as I am a member with him in the local chapter of the Viet Nam Veterans Association and he is a dynamo of volunteerism within our group, and when I recently volunteered to work a shift at the Eureka2 playground re-build there were several Frenchy vehicles there and several Frenchy employees working....while the workers volunteered their time and Frenchy provided vehicles and implements for the build, he also paid these folks their normal wages while working on that community project.  He has also and recently been diagnosed with prostrate cancer (he has gone public with it so I am not divulging anything private here) and is now adding cancer fund raising and awareness benefits to his otherwise busy schedule. I have no clue if the RV thing was real or not, but I can tell you....Frenchy is the real deal and a great asset to the Denton area community.

No doubt, Frenchy is great for the community. I just know I've seen him post birthdays on his trucks and things like that so didn't know how the whole system worked. 

This ad running across the top of gmg.com was an appropriate image for this thread.

hKdB6Nc.jpg

Rick

Hahaha!

Frenchys-Van-web.jpg

a-chance.gif

• Upvote 1

No doubt there are people in Denton who would like for UNT to be 7,000 full time undergrads like LT instead of 24,000 and for Denton to be like Ruston part of a population center of 50,000 instead of over 6 million. Those are your delusional RV supporters. Those people should all move to Ruston immediately.