Billboard anyone?

UNT90

I'm going to contribute to this. My wife won't be thrilled, but we've had a good 20-year run. That's more than my parents.

If the billboard looks like it will be funded, we need it to be paired with a social media campaign. There should be a URL on the sign that people can visit to reach a Facebook page, web site or the like where they can make this effort more viral.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I'm going to contribute to this. My wife won't be thrilled, but we've had a good 20-year run. That's more than my parents.

If the billboard looks like it will be funded, we need it to be paired with a social media campaign. There should be a URL on the sign that people can visit to reach a Facebook page, web site or the like where they can make this effort more viral.

You crack me up Rogers. I laughed out loud at work. Thanks buddy.

• Upvote 1

This seems to be the next civil escalation. Let's do it! I'm in.

Make a small sacrifice - just vow to be sober this weekend and donate what you would have spent.

Think of it as "the drinking man's Thanksgiving Lent".

Edited by EagleMBA
add text
  • Upvote 3

How long will this billboard be up and where will it be located is a big question for me. Also What is it gonna say?? FIRE RV?

The billboard will be on I35E near campus. I have a list of ones available, but they could rent at any time. The thought is to have a picture of RV, the text "Fire Rick Villarreal," and FireRickV.com in slightly smaller text. I'm also considering putting up the football won/loss record in the last 10 years. 

If someone wants to start a Facebook page, have at it. And if the creator of the website wants to link that Facebook page, that would be great (I did not create the page). 

I'm completely open to suggestions and ideas.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

How about a billboard celebrating our CUSA Champion Soccer Team!  I mean build some pride Mean Green Nation and celebrate every little WIN we can get and the Soccer Ladies delivered a big dose of Mean Green Pride.  Such a better use of funds to me.

Onto Rockytop!

GMG

No. It is not about the pride we all share in the accomplishments of our soccer champions. It is about the removal of a cancer. If you just quietly go into denial that there is a malignancy in your body and do nothing, you will die.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

How about a billboard celebrating our CUSA Champion Soccer Team!  I mean build some pride Mean Green Nation and celebrate every little WIN we can get and the Soccer Ladies delivered a big dose of Mean Green Pride.  Such a better use of funds to me.

Onto Rockytop!

GMG

It's my understanding that GoFundMe will allow anyone to set up a campaign...

• Upvote 5

If there were really a groundswell of Rick-hate, this wouldn't be so difficult.  Someone with money and clout would step up and do it.

What that tells me is that the money and clout still don't have Rick-hate.  And, neither do I.  Give me a large, medium charge, please!

Because the page has been up 4 hours? Lol.

This isn't about love or hate, this is about a lack of job performance.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 4

This seems to be the next civil escalation. Let's do it! I'm in.

Make a small sacrifice - just vow to be sober this weekend and donate what you would have spent.

Think of it as "the drinking man's Thanksgiving Lent".

So Thor is footing the bill for this thing then?

Ill donate when I get home from the office

• Upvote 2

I'm in for this one too...time for change.

cowtown & I spoke today...it's so damn depressing...we just want 6 win seasons...middle of the pack & low in the saddle seasons...

#thanksRV! 

• Upvote 3