The Banner will fly

UNT90

Hoping the plane makes sure it's right above campus from 12:50-1:00 as that's when students are getting out of class and walking to their next class or back to their car/dorm. 

Actually on Tuesday/Thursday, most classes are 80 minutes and start at 12:30 and get out at 1:50. So 1:30-2:30 or 10:30-11:30 would have been a better time.

So, UNT90 sets up a site, announces the rules, pleads for donations, sets the parameters for the funds use, and then on his own changes the rules and decides for himself when the banner will be flown.  All the while he yells to high heaven about some supposed broken promises by RV.  My my perhaps actually having to manage something is a bit more challenging than just sitting back on a message board and throwing rocks.

How about a GoFundMe site to raise funds for a fire UNT90 banner...the guy that broke the agreement with donors?  Seems like power has corrupted 90 and his hubris about how easy it is to manage stuff is just that...internet board hubris.  Agreements in fund raising...heck those pesky agreements don't mean nothing when you are UNT90.  Too funny this irony stuff.

Gee, Wally, really swell of you to change the game on your own.  I would say that the irony is just about too much to take here folks.  Even you ardent RV haters must see the irony in this and smile just a tad.  

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 15

the banner scheduling is worse than RV's.

I blame Tulsa.   

Everyone can say what they want, but for someone like me who's been a long-time follower and supporter of all things North Texas (especially athletics) it's refreshing to finally see fans that are passionate and committed enough to actually do something rather than just fade back into the crowd and once again become Apathy U.  

• Upvote 1

I doubt you contribute to anything UNT, so no great loss. 

But look, I'm in negotiations with the Tennessee fan base to fly a banner at their stadium. That's a one and one with a P5, mofo. 

I have the email... er, post to prove it. If you will just stop by that welcome Tennessee fans thread, you will see.

I mean, ask Kram. He has seen it.

Hmmmm....no...I ain't seen no stinking post! 

• Downvote 5

Prepare to be underwhelmed.

There will be media.

So, UNT90 sets up a site, announces the rules, pleads for donations, sets the parameters for the funds use, and then on his own changes the rules and decides for himself when the banner will be flown.  All the while he yells to high heaven about some supposed broken promises by RV.  My my perhaps actually having to manage something is a bit more challenging than just sitting back on a message board and throwing rocks.

How about a GoFundMe site to raise funds for a fire UNT90 banner...the guy that broke the agreement with donors?  Seems like power has corrupted 90 and his hubris about how easy it is to manage stuff is just that...internet board hubris.  Agreements in fund raising...heck those pesky agreements don't mean nothing when you are UNT90.  Too funny this irony stuff.

Gee, Wally, really swell of you to change the game on your own.  I would say that the irony is just about too much to take here folks.  Even you ardent RV haters must see the irony in this and smile just a tad.  

Did you contribute? If not, stay out of it...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

Seems like walking around campus and handing out flyers would be as effective.  Not saying, well yeah I guess I am saying.

Like these? Posted across campus? This one found at Wooten.

QZ7jDIJ.jpg

Mark, you're being silly.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

There will be media.

Did you contribute? If not, STFU...

Ha!  I see my post hit a little too close to home for you.  Yet, you love posting the same about others.  Man, talk about the shoe being on the other foot. Don't enjoy it much when it is your motives and actions being discussed, huh?  Gee, why so thin skinned?  When someone points out the irony you start with the "oh, you shouldn't have a say because you didn't contribute to my childish efforts".  Really, then all those loudly proclaiming they no longer contribute to the Mean Green Club or UNT should no longer post either in ur opinion, right?  Oh, the irony...the beautiful irony.  Thanks for letting us all know how butt hurt you are when it hits a tad close to home.  It just adds to the whole adventure.

Wait...I hear a plane.........is it game day? 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 8

Like these? Posted across campus? This one found at Wooten.

QZ7jDIJ.jpg

Between this and the Missouri thing, I can't figure out what students are to do at college anymore.  But, from this flyer and the Missouri Starving Guy's rambling thing he wrote, I'm certain that it's not to learn the proper use of grammar.  The purpose seems to be so far flung from learning anything useful. 

• Upvote 2

Really?  More like having fun with irony.  Remember, UNT90 always tells folks it is just a message board and to get over it....that is, I guess until it hits a tad to close for him and then it is all "STFU"!  Ain't irony just super fun?  

Why not have some fun with 90's broken covenant?  It's just a message board after all, right, Christopher?  I can now sit back and watch folks attempt to justify how it is "different" than what UNT90 claims RV does.  That's going to get to be even fun.

I do believe it has already started.  Just think of all the new "hits" GMG.Com will get.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 7

Strong North wind is causing a 10-15 minute delay in the plane getting there. Should be over campus by 12:45.

I hear the pilot decided to just change the agreement due to wind conditions and will now be flying the banner over UNT-Dallas.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

Really?  More like having fun with irony.  Remember, UNT90 always tells folks it is just a message board and to get over it....that is, I guess until it hits a tad to close for him and then it is all "STFU"!  Ain't irony just super fun?  

Why not have some fun with 90's broken covenant?  It's just a message board after all, right, Christopher?  I can now sit back and watch folks attempt to justify how it is "different" than what UNT90 claims RV does.  That's going to get to be even fun.

I do believe it has already started.  Just think of all the new "hits" GMG.Com will get.

You are right Kram, it IS just a message board. I'm not sure irony means what you think it means though. Irony would be UNT90 promising the banner would fly and then simply not delivering at all(we'll go back to the seat back example for simplicity purposes). Irony would be the banner not flying and then UNT90 saying that he never said it would(scheduling). See how that works?