Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Provides leadership and serves as the primary spokesperson for the intercollegiate athletic program.
* Submits recommendations and supporting documentation to the President and Board of Regents as necessary to make decisions regarding goals, academics, capital expansion, staffing, budget appropriations, and other aspects of intercollegiate athletics. Responsible for implementation and communication of Board directives, including maintenance and control.
* Establishes policies and procedures to ensure compliance with National Collegiate Athletic Association, Conference, and University of North Texas rules and Southern Association of Colleges and Schools regulations and inculcating in both the coaching and administrative staff an understanding of the importance of these norms.
* Ensures that coaching and administrative staff actively support the Department and University's joint commitment to academic achievement which entails helping each student-athlete to make normal progress in completing his/her degree and to graduate within a five-year period.
* Oversees the operation of the varsity sports programs in football and men's basketball through the head coaches.
* Coordinates and supervises other sports programs (excluding football and men's basketball) through designated staff members.
* Responsible for overseeing all fiscal and administrative operations through the appropriate staff members. Promulgates budget guidelines and approves final submissions for each area. Monitors conformance to budget and personal expense accounts. Oversees the operations of the Ticket Office and the Business Office through the appropriate staff members.
* Oversees the Marketing, Communications, and Media Services Office through the Sr. Associate Athletics Director.
* Directly supervises Director of Sports Medicine and Director of Strength and Conditioning in providing services to student-athletes for all intercollegiate athletics programs.
* Develops long-range plans to determine need for and feasibility of constructing or upgrading athletic facilities.
* Leading and coordinating, with the Office of Development, fund-raising efforts to provide for scholarships, facilities, and equipment.
* Coordinates scheduling for sports events involving Conference participation or revenue contracts. Coordinates and assists on football and men's basketball future scheduling.
* Supports the institution's commitment to goals set forth in the Texas Educational Opportunity Plan and the University's affirmative action plan by taking appropriate actions within the Athletics Department. Establishes goals for Athletics Department, with appropriate University officials, for gender equity in athletics programs in accordance with Title IX of Office of Civil Rights Regulations, and takes appropriate actions to work toward and to achieve those goals.
* Provides leadership and oversight of institutional effectiveness efforts in intercollegiate athletics including the use of evaluation results and linking results to planning.
* Keeps the Athletics Council informed as to all significant current actions (both pending and accomplished), and as to long-range planning for the athletics program. Prepares an annual report for the Athletics Council, by November 15 of each year, for the academic year just completed.
* Serves as a member of the President's Staff, working with the Athletics Council and the Faculty NCAA Representative, and carrying out such other institutional duties as the President may assign.
Who's Online 5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 44 Guests (See full list)