Who is this Lincoln Riley guy?

Harry

Riley’s career as a coach started out rather interesting. As a walk-on freshman quarterback at Texas Tech, Leach called Riley into his office and basically told him he though Riley lacked the talent to be a quarterback at the college level, but believed his knowledge and willingness to study the game would make him a great coach. Leach quickly convinced the young quarterback to move into a student assistant coaching position after that freshman season.

By the time Riley was 23 years old, he was being paid as receivers coach for Leach. After Leach was fired, Riley took over play calling duties for the 2010 Alamo Bowl against Michigan State. The Pirates would beat the Spartans 41-31 and Riley’s offense racked up 571 yards of total offense in his first game as a play caller.

Perhaps one of the biggest complaints Oklahoma fans had with the offense under Heupel, was the inability to convert on third down. The Sooners were 61st in the country in third down conversion percentage at 40.45%. They were actually worse in 2013 at 39.49%.

Meanwhile, East Carolina was one of the best in the country on third down with Riley calling plays. The Pirates were 11th in the country in third down conversion percentage at 47.85% in 2014. ECU was even better in 2013 when Riley had a strong running back in Cooper as a weapon. In 2014, Riley’s offense converted third downs at a rate of 49.16%.

If you’re a quarterback or receiver at Oklahoma or considering going to Oklahoma, you have to like the addition of Riley. If you’re a fan of the Sooners, you too should like the addition of Riley and if you are a bit skeptical because of your love of the running game, I would urge you not to buy into the “Leach disciple” label being tagged on Riley. When it’s all said and done, I’d expect the Sooners to definitely have a passing offense, but a more balanced offense than you might expect.

read more:  http://stormininnorman.com/2015/01/12/oklahoma-football-lincoln-riley-guy/

I knew I instantly liked him when I heard him talk. Sounds like me, like he's from Texas. Not some yankee from Iowa

Wow ... his voice does not match his youthful appearance.  If you just listened to his voice you'd think he was in his 40's. He's also well spoken.  He will do well with boosters, parents, fans, and media wherever he's at.