Last Game Against UTEP - How would you market to get butts in the seats?

NTAlum09

My fellow roommate from my UNT days who lives in El Paso sent me this article.

http://elpaso411.com/2015/11/utep-football-game-attendence-low-buy-one-get-one-free-tickets-offered/

What would it take for you to come out to the last home game on November 28th?

5 dollars tickets? 2 free beers with ticket purchase? Discount on next year season tickets?

GMG!!!

I would hand out free wing zone tickets to every Denton ISD student and I would give out free GA tickets to any military member or veteran who shows the proper ID. AQt that point, all you really want is for them to buy some concessions, souvenirs, and maybe have a reason to want to come see another game in the future.

If it gets Butts-in-seats to go from 3000 to 6000, it was worth it on many levels.

Or we could give the UNT 17 and the BOR actual butt pillows and let them place them in the sections of the stadium we will be naming after each one of them very soon.

• Upvote 4

First of all...And this part is serious...Because we suck this year...Because what do we have to lose?   For the love of GOD, just have FREE parking for the last game.   There is NO reason to hold out parking by the stadium when it's 75% empty and then charge people to park at Fouts and walk over.  Fans have done enough and done their part...Give them a little reward.  

Agree 100%

Free tickets and parking to the first 10,000 who show up. Period. Movie theaters don't make most of their money from ticket sales, they make them from the concession stands. Get people in the stadium and hope they buy enough food/drinks to make up for the ticket sales. If anything, you at least had a better showing and game-day atmosphere for the graduating seniors. 

Big marketing push, free beer is a great idea, hand out wing zone tickets, get out in the community and let people know we are playing a game and that they can get in free!!!!!    How about a banner?

Honestly the main problem is scheduling and winning.   At least the scheduling thing can be fixed with just a little effort and quickly.  Halloween and weekend after thanks giving games?   Both are bad but why do we have to take it in the rear and have home games both weekends?   It's laziness in the scheduling and a blatant slap in the face to the fans.   I know....   Win and the fans come....   But at least make it easier for the fans.   

• Upvote 1

Cheap tickets, buy-one-get-one-free. Start handing out free tickets to local radio stations who can give away four free tickets every other hour. Free parking. Invite every high school in Denton County to the game, to even generate interest among freshmen students who have a few years before deciding where they want to go.

• Upvote 2