New UNT Student Union is going to be awesome

Harry

Interesting to me how we are now totally committed to the sow in so many venues.  I like the sow and am glad there will be some continuity.  Lots of times regimes swoop in and try to change everything, including brand identification.  The building looks really amazing.

• Upvote 6

i walked by it yesterday and it looks like it will be more than a week......

It probably won't be 100% absolutely completely done in a week. Mostly, there's still a lot of landscaping that needs to be done. But similarly to the opening of Rawlins Hall, I bet that the building and insides are all good to go so people can already start using it while the finishing touches are done.

Edited by dmaxel
  • Upvote 2

If they are letting people walk about most of the building without safety equipment, the building is near complete.  No way the building would be released for occupation if it wasn't, for the most part, good to go.

Even in these difficult times, there are good things going on at UNT. 

Sometimes I think we as a fan base lose track of this.  It is good to be reminded of them from time to time.

Thanks Harry for reminding us of this. Although we are frustrated with athletics our university continues to make strides off the field.  A green light to greatness..

https://www.periscope.tv/w/aQzeNzkwNzM1NzV8MXJteFBaTUROem1HTnJuR8p_mIJ7lF3R6tKMRQSJzrPVaHyaGnk7KTK_ZvNP

Quick hits: They didn't cover the whole Union.

Everything is really white and clean. I imagine it's going to be a butt to keep that way.

Like how they made an homage to the odd seating availability in the old One O'Clock Lounge; not as high on the uh, rocking horse chair.

Lots of really nice branding and heritage markers throughout.

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1