Update: North Texas @ Tennessee 11/14

10Eagle10

I'm bringing 8 people to Knoxville, so it should be a good time.  By the way, I have a free tip on how to get your friends & non-UNT fans out to these "body-bag" games -- don't sell it as a North Texas football road trip.  I used to get only 2 or 3 die-hard UNT fans to tag along on our annual trip to see a major conference team by selling it that way.  But starting with Alabama, something clicked.  The marketing strategy changed -- haha.  That trip was "let's do the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail ... and see a football game".  It worked as a better selling point.  LSU was billed as "damn good tailgating!!".  This year's tag to the group was "come see Great Smoky Mountains National Park!  Let's stay in a bad-ass mountain cabin in Gatlinburg!  (and oh yeah, there's a football game going on that Saturday).  End result -- 8 people going, 3 of which really have no connection to UNT.  Now if we can only lose by less than our prior trips to see North Texas play Oklahoma, Alabama, LSU, etc, etc.  :)

I'm bringing 8 people to Knoxville, so it should be a good time.  By the way, I have a free tip on how to get your friends & non-UNT fans out to these "body-bag" games -- don't sell it as a North Texas football road trip.  I used to get only 2 or 3 die-hard UNT fans to tag along on our annual trip to see a major conference team by selling it that way.  But starting with Alabama, something clicked.  The marketing strategy changed -- haha.  That trip was "let's do the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail ... and see a football game".  It worked as a better selling point.  LSU was billed as "damn good tailgating!!".  This year's tag to the group was "come see Great Smoky Mountains National Park!  Let's stay in a bad-ass mountain cabin in Gatlinburg!  (and oh yeah, there's a football game going on that Saturday).  End result -- 8 people going, 3 of which really have no connection to UNT.  Now if we can only lose by less than our prior trips to see North Texas play Oklahoma, Alabama, LSU, etc, etc.  :)

It was awfully generous to describe what's going to transpire in Knoxville as a "football game"

• Downvote 1

You know i have to give credit to the announcers of the game.  They were Vol announcers but were not annoying.

I thought they were complimentary without being patronizing.  But I did find it funny that after the segment on the 1975 game, one of them said something to the effect of "how about the way Hayden Fry has Iowa playing this year" :huh:

• Upvote 1