I went to Coach MaC's house

greenjoe

I went to look at Coach MaC's house yesterday.  The Dallas realtor had an open house from 1-3 and there were a lot of people there when I was there. 

The house itself is magnificent.  I understand it's about 5,000 sq ft.  It was tastefully decorated and ready to move in.  I must admit I felt a bit uneasy walking around MaC's house with him gone.  I'm glad I went.  All through the house are reminders of past triumphs.  There are a few items from Florida, a bit more from Iowa State, and a ton of North Texas memorabilia. 

This was the home of a guy that truly loved being here.   There is a cabinet of game balls given MaC in his career.  I didn't want to open the frosted glass case but one I could see was his first win at Apogee against Indiana.  I'm sorry that what happened happened.  MaC must have enjoyed his time here.  I'm sorry he wasn't more successful.

Thanks for the good memories Coach MaC.  Best of luck to you in whatever is next.

GO MEAN GREEN

Thanks for the good memories Coach MaC? Are you serious or still hungover from this weekend?

66-7 to Portland State and money going into his bank account while he sits on the beach somewhere in Florida.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Thanks for the good memories Coach MaC? Are you serious or still hungover from this weekend?

66-7 to Portland State and money going into his bank account while he sits on the beach somewhere in Florida.

The blow out at Portland was RV's Fault

Edited by KingDL1

I have to admit this is creepy stalkerish if you aren't house shopping.

^

Also, he ran this program into the ground. Look at where we are. Open your eyes. The only memory I have is him not being able to recruit, 1 winning season with ALL players from another regime (Thanks, Todd), him spitting on this university with his snarl comments, and him playing his class pet as QB which led to his demise. 

North Texas was his lofty social security check. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

^

Also, he ran this program into the ground. Look at where we are. Open your eyes. The only memory I have is him not being able to recruit, 1 winning season with ALL players from another regime (Thanks, Todd), him spitting on this university with his snarl comments, and him playing his class pet as QB which led to his demise. 

Amen!

^

I agree with Ben. Mac may have been a good guy, a good friend, and a community role model. But he didn't do the program any favors towards the end of his career here. And that is the reason why he was in Denton in the first place. I bet you we are going to pay out the last of his earnings and he'll be fishing with Skladaney (I might have spelled it wrong) in Florida soon.

I do thank him for 2013, that's about it.

I have to admit this is creepy stalkerish if you aren't house shopping.

Seems perfectly harmless to me. You know when you're holding an open house that some people might just be looky-loos, particularly when it's an expensive house. McCarney had time to remove his sex dungeon, the stuffed African lion he shot on safari, indoor marijuana grow lab, empty datebook of recruiting trips and the to-do list where "sign a quarterback" was never crossed off. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1