Thank you Coach Chico!

Harry

As a UNT alum, I would like to personally thank you for leading us to our first victory against UTKFC tonight.  This has been a tough season, but you came in and did a very good job turning this program around the last couple of weeks.  Thank you for understanding this is an important game for the program.  Thank you for your hard work on behalf of the program and Go Mean Green!

I know, the way he finished the season with Dodge's mess and the way he has turned things around this year...what was I thinking?

Not saying he should be hired now, but 5 years ago, the time may have been right. 

Try to have a little higher standards.

Some of you people really are masochists. Or maybe abused spouses is a better analogy. You think because you have been starved for years, the first person that throws you a crumb is Jesus Christ in person. 

Chico won't be head coach here next year and won't be an OC in FBS football. 

Expect just a tad more...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 10

Some of you people really are masochists. Or maybe abused spouses is a better analogy. You think because you have been starved for years, the first person that throws you a crumb is Jesus Christ in person. 

How can you say for certain that he is wrong? Are you sure we'd have been worse off today with Chico heading things over the last 5 years as opposed to Mac? He didn't say hire Chico now, he said that he may have been better 5 years ago.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Agree.  Chico shares some of the responsibility for the situation that we are in.  I just can't get real excited about beating 1-6 UTKFC team.  I certainly appreciate what he is doing, but I agree he won't be a OC in FBS next year.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

How can you say for certain that he is wrong? Are you sure we'd have been worse off today with Chico heading things over the last 5 years as opposed to Mac? He didn't say hire Chico now, he said that he may have been better 5 years ago.

We would most certainly be better off . He would have been able to attract far superior athletes thus winning more. I still think we need a house cleaning though. 

• Upvote 3

You read a lot into "He MAY HAVE BEEN the best option at head coach AFTER Dodge."

• Upvote 3

Who has called for Chico to be head coach?  I missed that thread.  All I see are people showing appreciation for an improved team the last three games and the avoidance of a certain 0-12 season if the other guy was still head coach.  I'll state one more time: He may have been the best option at head coach after Dodge.  It would be ridiculous to hire him now, but I don't know that it would have been five years ago and neither do you.

Yes I do/did, and said so at the time. Sadly, Chico campaigned the dysfunctional fans and almost pulled it off.

If I'm overreacting, it's because of last time, 

And several have already said he should be a candidate in another thread. 

Madness.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2