I got my season BB tickets today

greenjoe

Checked the mail and there they were.  

We (home) open against Jarvis Christian (a charter high school I think), Texas College (?), and Idaho ( my favorite beauty pageant).  

And I thought it funny that the envelope was sealed AND taped.  People are always trying to pilfer some Mean Green BB tickets.

GO MEAN GREEN

Hold the phone.

According to my tickets, we play 

Idaho on Monday Nov 23

Samford on Tuesday Nov 24

Troy on Wednesday nov 25

Can that be right ?  If so, my marriage is over

• Upvote 5

We (home) open against Jarvis Christian (a charter high school I think), Texas College (?), and Idaho ( my favorite beauty pageant).  

And I thought it funny that the envelope was sealed AND taped.  People are always trying to pilfer some Mean Green BB tickets.

GO MEAN GREEN

Hold the phone.

According to my tickets, we play 

Idaho on Monday Nov 23

Samford on Tuesday Nov 24

Troy on Wednesday nov 25

Can that be right ?  If so, my marriage is over

those are the dates of the mean green classic.  I am having oral surgery that Monday which is also my wife's birthday. I am really hoping to make the game. I don't miss UNT basketball games. 

• Upvote 1

GO MEAN GREEN

Yeah, looks like they are taking precautions. They had a problem at the post office when a lot of those tickets mailed previously were targeted by dope-sniffing dogs.

• Upvote 1

Wait, do you think there's no reason for negativity when it comes to basketball?

There's no reason for negativity when it comes to loyal fans choosing to support their team by buying season tickets.  Not everyone bails when things aren't going as well as they could.  To some its bigger than just one coach or wins and losses.  Its about the university.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

You are exactly why people hate this board and stay away from it.  You want to beat up on people for being fans and supportive of the university they love even during the down times. 

ok. Lol. 

If you haven't noticed, the down times are almost every year, 

This board is meant to be a place where fans can share and argue opinions. If you are going to get butt hurt because I don't agree your opinion, you should probably stay away from any type of forum like GMG.com.

But you don't.

There's no reason for negativity when it comes to loyal fans choosing to support their team by buying season tickets.  Not everyone bails when things aren't going as well as they could.  To some its bigger than just one coach or wins and losses.  Its about the university.

And more power to you. I simply choose to ask for what was promised in return for my money. 

If you choose not to, more power to you. Just don't expect to win. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

The High School game is so RV can pad a win but that will likely bite him in the ass

They probably had to seal envelope well, North Texas Season BB tickets being mailed out are so rare people at the post office probably have a morbid interest in seeing what they look like. 

ok. Lol. 

If you haven't noticed, the down times are almost every year, 

This board is meant to be a place where fans can share and argue opinions. If you are going to get butt hurt because I don't agree your opinion, you should probably stay away from any type of forum like GMG.com.

But you don't.

And more power to you. I simply choose to ask for what was promised in return for my money. 

If you choose not to, more power to you. Just don't expect to win. 

Not butt hurt, just sharing and arguing my opinions.  From the past 24 hours it seems like you get the most upset at other people's opinions. 

What were you promised? NCAA tournaments and bowl games every season?  There's a Mean Green team seeded #1 in a conference tourney this week.  Why don't you be positive and cheer them on and applaud those who made that team's success possible. 

I simply choose to support the student athletes who represent my university by showing up in the stands despite what my thoughts or feelings are of the coaches leading them. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Not butt hurt, just sharing and arguing my opinions.  From the past 24 hours it seems like you get the most upset at other people's opinions. 

What were you promised? NCAA tournaments and bowl games every season?  There's a Mean Green team seeded #1 in a conference tourney this week.  Why don't you be positive and cheer them on and applaud those who made that team's success possible. 

I simply choose to support the student athletes who represent my university by showing up in the stands despite what my thoughts or feelings are of the coaches leading them. 

Have at it.

I was promised a lot of things and made a considerable investment for me. I received none of what was promised (concerts, better opponents).

And no, others opinions don't upset me, yet when I challenge those opinions, I get called names like angry, sad, and some others not quite so nice. No big deal, just shows you who really has the problem. 

Enjoy basketball with about 1,500 others. Remember when it used to be 4,300 others? That's what I would like for our student athletes. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Your life hangs by a thread as you try to make a weekday tipoff when driving from Dallas. I used to take that challenge when JJ was the Coach, but it only took me three games of the current regime to forget about it. If things change and I'm still above ground I'll be back. I support the student athletes but just going along with what is going on here is no way to effect a change. Given the attendance trends, I guess there are a few people who agree.

• Upvote 2

So RV stuffs the envelopes himself?

I don't have a clue about the stuffer, but they must have some powerful $chidt in that envelope if it makes you do what you have to go through for a full season.

The High School game is so RV can pad a win but that will likely bite him in the ass

They probably had to seal envelope well, North Texas Season BB tickets being mailed out are so rare people at the post office probably have a morbid interest in seeing what they look like. 

RV doesn't handle the schedules for any other sports except OOC for football.

We haven't received ours yet...we moved, but told the ticket office our new address. Messages haven't been returned yet.

There can't be that many season ticket holders left so it really shouldn't be too hard to get all of us our tickets...

I am actually about to head off to meet with John Nitardy.  We are going to discuss my disappointments with the ticket office and Mean Green Club and some of the current situations surrounding those offices.  I am very disappointed in how things are being run and how people are being treated.  I know the ticket office is short handed and going through change but that really isn't an excuse to how things are being run in my opinion. 

Anyways, thought it was interested you post this just as I am about to head out.  My meeting wont be about sports and the status of the teams.  Strictly how things are being handled on a business end.  Hoping for positive change. 

Edited by Mean Green Scrappy
  • Upvote 5

I am actually about to head off to meet with John Nitardy.  We are going to discuss my disappointments with the ticket office and Mean Green Club and some of the current situations surrounding those offices.  I am very disappointed in how things are being run and how people are being treated.  I know the ticket office is short handed and going through change but that really isn't an excuse to how things are being run in my opinion. 

Anyways, thought it was interested you post this just as I am about to head out.  My meeting wont be about sports and the status of the teams.  Strictly how things are being handled on a business end.  Hoping for positive change. 

They've been spotty at best for years. I hope your visit helps effect some positive change in that department.

• Upvote 1

I'm thinking you probably got excuses, fingerpointing, and a hollow promise to try and do better. 

Ive just accepted that buying from ticketmaster is the MUCH surer option.

• Downvote 3