So, if UTSA beats us by double digits...

I don't want to say status quo, but definitely not panicked.  We're on a highway to hell this season and anything other than a blow out is a pit stop.  If we get beat by double digits, my response will be a shoulder shrug and a "can't wait to see who the new HC will be.  maybe HE (she?) can turn this thing around..."

I don't want to say status quo, but definitely not panicked.  We're on a highway to hell this season and anything other than a blow out is a pit stop.  If we get beat by double digits, my response will be a shoulder shrug and a "can't wait to see who the new HC will be.  maybe HE (she?) can turn this thing around..."

Come on Tyler grab a pitch fork and join the villagers as they head to the athletic office..............kidding of course.

It would prove not only was Mac bad...but he was trying to cover for an even worse coaching staff.

This is where I am...shockingly.  My biggest shock is Mike Simmonds.  I mean, after 2013, the development of Cyril Lemon, it truly looked like we had a real coaching staff and a future. 

If the coaching staff really is that bad at recruiting and development, what does that say about how much natural talent Lemon had?  He turned out to be a beast anyway.  It looks more and more like the Seniors on the 2013 team were a bunch of ridiculously good overachievers, who overcame bad coaching through sheer will.  Gives me even more respect for those guys from '13. 

Also, how sold are we that Skladany was really that good?  The defense tailed off significantly last year...after Trice, Orr, and so forth graduated. 

It was all a mirage.  A crazy, crazy mirage. 

• Downvote 2

At this point, it really doesn't matter how badly they beat us...our boat sunk a long time ago and no matter if it hangs on a cliff in the ocean or keeps falling to depth of the trench we are looking at, any loss by a point or by 59 points really doesn't matter. Recruits aren't paying attention to it--all they know is that we suck worse than every other FBS school in the country.

problem is i predict UTSA will bring pressure and be 5 yards off our WRs.  Not sure what we will do.  

UTSA will bring a lot of blitzes. That's what Marshall & WKU did to our green QB. I'm hoping Chico adjusts to this and ditches the empty backfields. More runs for Wilson & playaction!!

Many passes have gone Marcus Smith's way this season - from any QB that's been in the game.  Maybe Marcus Smith is the answer to break UTSA's defense...if DaMarcus can keep from throwing it into the ground or over his head.  So, short passes to Marcus, and hoping he can break a few tackles along the way.

A double digit loss would do 3 things:

1. It puts even more pressure on the AD.

2. It sets the bar that much lower for the next HC.  

3. it would force some in denial at UNT to view UTSA as a rival. 

As far as most fans, this season was written off a few games back.

Get a good HC who know what he is doing and this thing could get turned around faster than anyone can imagine.