2016 UNT Football Non-conference slate is out

MeanGreenTexan

I'm putting all of you on the honor system here.  No fair googling or looking up stuff......

Where is Bethune-Cookman ?

Extra points if you can name their colors and mascot.  Again, no fair looking.

without reading any other comments and having no idea, I'm guessing black and gold (Maybe I saw them play bball?) And for some reason I want to say Maryland? 

RV said on this podcast beginning of last month, around the 16:30 mark, that it was Liberty.

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/podcast/gmgpod146.mp3

Does that mean in the last month in a half this game has changed from Liberty to Lamar, now to Bethune-Cookman?

I think RV delegates scheduling to a student employee. That would explain a lot of things, including RV's inability to remember who we play. 

The "formula" is straight from the 1990s. It's a bad plan from a lazy AD. 

A whorin we will go, a whorin we will go...

Liberty was afraid we would hurt their RPI. They have standards. 

It really is comical at this point. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

2016 Non-conference schedule announcement

Bethune-Cookman?

I thought we had either Abilene Christian/Lamar/Incarnate Word lined up for 2016?

Bethune-Cookman? What the hell?! Do they even field a team? 

I was in such a good mood. Had a good night's sleep, had a good BM, had a good workout, now this.

Did anyone call Lamar to verify RV ever talked to them?

• Upvote 3

Bethune-Cookman is no stranger to the NFL. Alumni like Larry Little and Boobie Clark for you older guys. Check this out, it will open your eyes about them:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/schools/bethunecookman/

• Upvote 2

Where is Bethune-Cookman ?

They're 45 minutes from my house, so I know this one: It's a historic black college in Daytona Beach.

But I've lived in North Florida 18 years without hearing a word about their football program. They don't even generate any interest around here.

Another RV fumble.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I cannot imagine how little interest this game will garner...as soon as you think RV cannot schedule worse, he up and proves that he still has a lower point to dig down.

When can we get a game down here with New Hampshire??

since our current AD is still here, one less game I will go to.  What I don't get is if a team backed out, and you are going to the lower route anyways, why not bring in an SFA or McNeese State?

• Upvote 1

Well, on the positive side, at least that game will be at 6:00 PM. Not a chance in hell any TV network touches it.

Gawd, I hope not.  6:00 is blasted hot in September, and the students will again be baking in the sun for the first hour. There is too much emphasis placed on getting the people up in the air-conditioned levels home in time to watch their Golden Girls reruns. 

Unless there is some type of valid reason, and valid reason does not include ESPN 3 or Fox Unknown Channel webcasts, start all early season home games at 7:00 or 7:30. It's been a working formula for Texas high schools since, well, forever, and it will work for North Texas. People like to do social activities at the social time of the day. 

That September 3 game against SMU is our last scheduled home game with them. Everything possible needs to be done to make that game an all green sellout. Playing it in the heat of the day because of some crappy television scheduling will again kill attendance.

• Upvote 3

wow what a brilliant lazy schedule, Lamar backs out, but instead of searching the 125+ FBS teams, nope lets just go get a weak ass MEAC team. Now Bethune Cookman will fill the stadium for sure.

Denton High School is much closer and would have drawn more fans.

• Upvote 1

Any chance once your team gets things turned around, you may want to reschedule Portland State for a revenge game, or do you guys hope to never see us again? 

I would enjoy seeing UNT beat Portland State, but I don't think a future matchup will ever happen. Our school would see a new game as a no-win situation. Either we beat an FCS team, which is expected of us, or we lose again and pile new embarrassment upon old.

• Upvote 1

Any chance once your team gets things turned around, you may want to reschedule Portland State for a revenge game, or do you guys hope to never see us again? 

Folks, it doesn't get lower than this...we are being asked by a FCS team's fan, civilly, not in a Cougar Queen snotty fashion, if we would ever consider playing his FCS team from the Pacific Northwest, that beat us in the greatest loss in the modern history of college football, if we hope to never see them again because of the absolute beating they gave to us on our field on Homecoming...

And the saddest of sad answers is simply, yes--we don't want to ever see you again...because our AD will probably hire someone who can't beat you or stronger FCS teams like you.

• Upvote 1

I cannot imagine how little interest this game will garner...as soon as you think RV cannot schedule worse, he up and proves that he still has a lower point to dig down.

When can we get a game down here with New Hampshire??

It may throw them off their game because they won't be playing in front of a crowd as large as they're accustomed to.

The echo might mess up their audibles.

Is the Bethune-Cookman deal a home and home?

Only slightly sarcastic.

• Upvote 1