Halloween Game Vs UTSA (Kid Events?)

Withers940

So more than likely this Saturday is going to be a Wet Mess (Weather Wise) but I am trying to figure out if UNT is going to be doing anything for the little kids as far as the Trick or Treating aspect. I originally told my wife that they would have something out there for the kids to have a good time and get candy and what not but since then, I have not heard anything and now my wife if beating me down with questions. Does anyone know anything about possible festivities to try and get families out to the game Saturday?

So more than likely this Saturday is going to be a Wet Mess (Weather Wise) but I am trying to figure out if UNT is going to be doing anything for the little kids as far as the Trick or Treating aspect. I originally told my wife that they would have something out there for the kids to have a good time and get candy and what not but since then, I have not heard anything and now my wife if beating me down with questions. Does anyone know anything about possible festivities to try and get families out to the game Saturday?

Rick Villarreal - "Festivities? We have a nice stadium. Your kids should practically live here. In fact, your whole family should live here. LOOK AT THE STADIUM"

• Upvote 6

Good luck getting the athletic department to respond with ANY information to you. Let us know how that turns out. 

BTW: I couldn't find anything online

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

HAHAHAHA!!! ... oh you are being serious.

UNT Athletics doing something to go the extra mile, hell they can not even get paid seat backs installed by week 8 of the season, these are the same clowns who schedule games for mid day in scorching September, but schedule a night game on Halloween.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

UNT Athletics doing something to go the extra mile, hell they can not even get paid seat backs installed by week 8 of the season, these are the same clowns who schedule games for mid day in scorching September, but schedule a night game on Halloween.

I know more than likely this isnt happening but as a fan that would like to take my kid to the game and not be forced to go trick or treating and miss the first half of the game, I have to make sure all my options are exhausted before I give in. Thanks for you positive Feed Back though

I know more than likely this isnt happening but as a fan that would like to take my kid to the game and not be forced to go trick or treating and miss the first half of the game, I have to make sure all my options are exhausted before I give in. Thanks for you positive Feed Back though

I would agree with you for sure, this should be a fantastic night for kids, have the cheerleaders and dancers have a trick or treat parade for the kids, even a few players, something very simple, but if nothing has been made public now, don't count on it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hey.... I am waiting for a call from the athletic department to see if they want someone who can actually put 100% into any event or game day. My guess is they will keep hiring younger students from with in. I honestly wish a few posters on here worked in the AD. Real change might happen then. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Hey.... I am waiting for a call from the athletic department to see if they want someone who can actually put 100% into any event or game day. My guess is they will keep hiring younger students from with in. I honestly wish a few posters on here worked in the AD. Real change might happen then. 

What are you doing with your Kid Andrew? Are you going to the Game?

What are you doing with your Kid Andrew? Are you going to the Game?

we will be there. He is dressing up as wolverine haha. My wife has the same concerns so she wants to go trick or treating in the neighborhood at 5 quickly and then go to the game. We will be there though!

it would be nice if the AD partners with the frats and sororities to have a trick or treat event inside the stadium. The one issue is that there is not covering on the student side of the stadium (wish there was covering all around but to late for that). They could use tents and have student groups inside and outside passing out candy. I am sure they are not going to do that though. It would be to "hard" to get together.

These guys are morons. They basically don't want people to attend.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Only thing I have seen is a costume "contest" at halftime where the spirit line is.    We are taking a bunch of candy in case we have any trick or treaters stop by the tailgate.   Maybe if enough of us do that we can salvage the night for the kiddos.   

I never tailgate (haven't since fouts), but I guess I would be willing to go for candy...

Last year's festivities sucked major donkey balls.  I vowed to never bring my kids and waste time doing that again. You're better off hitting the neighborhood or the local Trunk or Treat that schools are putting on.

bad choice. He never caught the bird. .

Oh no?

Edit:  In unrelated news, this week's Mean Green Club email had zero mention of a coach's radio show and zero mention of an upcoming home game.  It's like they're trying to sweep the entire existence of the football program under the rug.  If nobody can see it, maybe it'll all go away.

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 5