Breathe deep, friends....every little thing gonna be alright

untcampbell

If I knew how to embed video, I would put this one up:

16 seconds in. The "I want it, and I want it now" mantra that permeates the majority of recent posts on this board echoes Paul Ryan saying he will take the Speaker job, but he gets his weekends, his PX90 time, time with the kids, etc. I remember George Washington saying the same thing. And yes, I have followed the team for almost that long and am well familiar with the pre-global warming glacial pace that change takes around here.

Immediate action is the future but for now, you will just have to settle for fast food and Amazon same-day delivery. President Smatresk is the best we have had in a while on a number of fronts. Write your letters, emails, texts and tweets. Fly your banners. Wear your t-shirts. Stop your donations, give up your gomeangreen.com posts and never attend a game again. And then, give @UNTPrez some time to sort through what folks like him have to do in the real world. I am confident you will get your way. Listen to your breathing for a while, let your blood pressure drop. Patience, my Mean Green brothers and sisters.                

GMG

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

I think we have some fans who scream "Hurry up!" at a microwave oven.

A problem 15 years in the making cannot reasonably to solved in 15 minutes. 

Sure it can.  Interview the right coach this time, offer him a bushel of money, and 15 years of frustration can go away in a 15 minute interview.

• Upvote 1

Sure it can.  Interview the right coach this time, offer him a bushel of money, and 15 years of frustration can go away in a 15 minute interview.

Well, it might take more than a 15 minute interview to give the candidate a little peek of what he's getting himself into......including a total failure on the part of the AD to get the fan numbers up......even in a winning season.

I think we have some fans who scream "Hurry up!" at a microwave oven.

A problem 15 years in the making cannot reasonably to solved in 15 minutes. 

Resolved no, but it can't be fixed until you start. First step should be RV being shown the door. Some of the problems more easy to control in the AD could be fixed in just a few months. (Like ticketing, MGC, chair backs type SNAFUs) RV has shown no ability or inclination to fix these things. These are the low hanging fruit a new AD should be able to fix very quickly. RV shouldn't be allowed to hire anymore coaches and certainly not two more hiring decisions in the two true money sports. He's shown he isn't good at it time and again. Nice guy, bad coach selections and between awful and poor customer service manager should doom him. 

To riff on your analogy, the microwave turns on, but doesn't heat food. You gotta go buy a new one, open the box and plug it in before you can reheat your food. The current microwave isn't going to get it done, it's done all it can do. Unless you like cold food that is.

After posting about Smatresks hires at UNLV then receiving a phone call and it coming up in conversation I realized after that that was our troll typing champion.  

Just want to give Quoner props for sniffing that out first.

Rick

I think I almost admire his persistence and dedication, especially because it pairs so poorly with his ability to not make it more than 5 posts without inadvertently ripping of his mask and screaming his identity. He'll catch that roadrunner someday...meep, meep.

• Upvote 4

The problem with North Texas is the only accountability is through this board. While it's a great outlet for fans and Harry and his people do an incredible job, no on with authority takes it seriously.  Until fans come up with an organizational structure to hold people accountable you will be waiting a long time for the type of performance we all want.

• Upvote 1

I think I almost admire his persistence and dedication, especially because it pairs so poorly with his ability to not make it more than 5 posts without inadvertently ripping of his mask and screaming his identity. He'll catch that roadrunner someday...meep, meep.

Looks like I'm a day late, but I have to give checkfacts her due...Ben Bading wasn't that bad of a username choice...

The problem with North Texas is the only accountability is through this board. While it's a great outlet for fans and Harry and his people do an incredible job, no on with authority takes it seriously.  Until fans come up with an organizational structure to hold people accountable you will be waiting a long time for the type of performance we all want.

Sadly...this may be true.  We had turned the corner with Dr. Pohl.  He made some quick changes and said in so many ways...enough is enough.  He seemed accountable and seemed to expect accountability from others but he could only get us so far.

I miss him rest his soul.

Rick

• Upvote 1

Calling for patience equals doing the exact same thing we've been doing for years and expecting different results. RV will pick a coach and lock us into 3-5 more years of his approach to football.

If you don't think this is the right time to change the AD, when would be the right time? The new coach will get the same honeymoon period McCarney did, so no one will be expecting RV's hire to produce results for several years.

So the next time RV gets graded on football performance will be if that coach is fired. But hiring a new AD when the coach has just been fired is too hasty, right?

There comes a point when counseling patience is acceptance of mediocrity. We've reached it with RV.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

i hope your not suggesting fans have a say. Irrational, ill-informed people without the benefit of the insight experience gives sounds like a recepy for disaster. I cant say that the program isnt terrible right now, but that doesnt mean that just any option is a good one

• Upvote 1

i hope your not suggesting fans have a say. Irrational, ill-informed people without the benefit of the insight experience gives sounds like a recepy for disaster. I cant say that the program isnt terrible right now, but that doesnt mean that just any option is a good one

I'm saying fans need to organize rather than bitch.  Emails and banners are silly and unproductive.  If you want accountability start an outside organization that raises money, organizes fans and puts the grass roots apparatus in place to cause change.  Until then, I guess you can come here to bitch or send the silly emails be neither will have an impact.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

I'm saying fans need to organize rather than bitch.  Emails and banners are silly and unproductive.  If you want accountability start an outside organization that raises money, organizes fans and puts the grass roots apparatus in place to cause change.  Until then, I guess you can come here to bitch or send the silly emails be neither will have an impact.

Can you name a single FBS school that has an independent fan organization with actual power? UNT leaders could be as deaf to your hypothetical Not the Mean Green Booster Club as they are to fans speaking out today.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1