On an another note....

meanrob

my dad is 1st gen American. My Grandfather and his 2 cousins and an uncle were the only ones to make it out. By the time he crossed Europe and the ocean and then sent for the rest of the family, The Question was answered and all were gone. Very hard to watch but also very important.

• Upvote 1

When all this is over I'm raising money for a banner asking why the hell Harry has yet to win the Ulys Knight Spirit Award?

Talk about travesties. 

Completely Agree!

He's been running this board (and earlier variations) for over 15 years, maintenance, server costs. Good years and bad years. When the board crashes at 3am, the fans freak out a bit, but go back to bed. Meanwhile Harry is up working with the hosting company trying to figure things out. Always in a tough position because fans are claiming you are too soft on the Athletic Department, while catching grief from the Athletic Department for running a forum that negatively effects the program. Its a no win situation, but yet in some of the previous years they pull someone that has done very little for the "Spirit" of the program.

How many people on this board have gotten more passionate, connected to the program more, and met others that feel the same because of gomeangreen.com?

I really do believe it is because Harry and I (and Scotty for a short time) ran the Mean Green Report and charged people for it.  The money we raised didn't even fully cover our costs, but it left a bad taste in some people's mouths.

I think it is well past time for Harry to get the award.  I did a count a few days ago and there are 7 awards winners on this board, Harry not being one of them is crazy. 

Now listen, I think I know a way to address this, have you guys ever heard of those planes that pull banners behind them...

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Agreed on Ararat. Brilliant on so many levels. Personal for me as well.

I recommended Ararat to someone just last week. I am amazed at how few people have seen it. But then again many are clueless about the subject matter of the film. Perhaps we should all come up with a list of hidden gem films, broken down by genre, that we can watch on Saturdays in the fall. Then we could avoid the un-watchable football our university produces. It won't make it go away, but maybe we will discover some films worth watching.

We are a RTVF school!

Just a thought.

• Upvote 3

How many people on this board have gotten more passionate, connected to the program more, and met others that feel the same because of gomeangreen.com?

This. I doubt my involvement and donation level would be what it is now if not for this board (although I highly doubt that helps Harry win any Spirit awards). 

None of my college friends care about UNT, much less UNT athletics. They watch other college teams. There was no one to discuss anything UNT with until I found this board. 

It does great things for UNT athletics, even though UNT athletics would probably shut it down if they had the ability. 

Maybe we should start the GMG spirit award?

• Upvote 2