We are 29 point dogs to Marshall

UNT90

A conference foe. An equal. And they are favored like they are a P5. 

Yet the guy that put us here is going to pick the new coach. If this happens, it's the last straw for me. I'm sure no one cares at UNT, because they don't care if the football team loses 12 games a year, anyway.

But that will do it. How a man can fail so long and keep a paycheck is just simply unbelievable. It's like it's a union job. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

A conference foe. An equal. And they are favored like they are a P5. 

Yet the guy that put us here is going to pick the new coach. If this happens, it's the last straw for me. I'm sure no one cares at UNT, because they don't care if the football team loses 12 games a year, anyway.

But that will do it. How a man can fail so long and keep a paycheck is just simply unbelievable. It's like it's a union job. 

Let me get this straight:
Are you saying that if Rick Villareal has any part in choosing who the next football coach is at North Texas, you're leaving?    

Sounds like you better start packing and getting your final thoughts together.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Let me get this straight:
Are you saying that if Rick Villareal has any part in choosing who the next football coach is at North Texas, you're leaving?    

Sounds like you better start packing and getting your final thoughts together.

yes, it does, doesn't it?

I'm surprised they are not favored by more. It's the state we have come to. Nothing will shock me anymore regarding UNT athletics. RV has spent all of his time trying to cultivate money relationships and build facilities but has grossly neglected the product on the fields/court. Its like Mars spending millions of dollars on new product packaging but when the consumer opens the Snickers wrapper there is a giant turd. Guess we will continue to be force fed the turd.

• Upvote 1

OK.  This place will be a ghost town without you, but I'm sure we'll find the strength to move on.

Yep.  Do what you gotta do homie.

Y'all need to read the writing on the wall.  He's going to be here through this upcoming hire.

I think we have read it and made our decision. I may still post here occasionally, and I may even go to a home game every now and then, but my financial support for UNT athletics will end.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think we have read it and made our decision. I may still post here occasionally, and I may even go to a home game every now and then, but my financial support for UNT athletics will end.

RV DOES NOT CARE. He is riding out the final 18 months of his tenure. The way RV sees it, If the new coach works out, great, it's a check-mark on the positive side of the RV Legacy Ledger. If the new coach doesn't work out, meh. He will provide nothing but a giant bag full of middle fingers to the fans that cannot improve his legacy for the next 18 months. 

• Upvote 3

RV DOES NOT CARE. He is riding out the final 18 months of his tenure. The way RV sees it, If the new coach works out, great, it's a check-mark on the positive side of the RV Legacy Ledger. If the new coach doesn't work out, meh. He will provide nothing but a giant bag full of middle fingers to the fans that cannot improve his legacy for the next 18 months. 

100%

Oh, I know. The bigger problem is the  university doesn't care that RV doesn't care and will give fans the middle finger.

I've said it before. Loving something or someone that doesn't love themselves is a useless exercise. You can only try for so long. I doubt this university will ever have any long term success in any of the major programs. They aren't committed. 

And if they aren't committed, why should I.

• Upvote 2

Just so I am clear, your allegiance is more against one man than to your university. I seem to recall hearing others accused of something similar...

Just so I am clear, your allegiance is more against one man than to your university. I seem to recall hearing others accused of something similar...

Just so you are clear...90 posted, several times I might add, in a vote of confidence for Rick Villarreal back in 2008 and 2009. He has watched the turmoil unfold. He can't accept it any longer. We need more like him and apparently maybe less like you. Why would any sane person waste their money on this product. I am amazed the one's that keep pouring into it are still pouring. They earned their money with good sense and now they're wasting it on bad judgement. I guess the brain really does shrink with age. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just so you are clear...90 posted, several times I might add, in a vote of confidence for Rick Villarreal back in 2008 and 2009. He has watched the turmoil unfold. He can't accept it any longer. We need more like him and apparently maybe less like you. Why would any sane person waste their money on this product. I am amazed the one's that keep pouring into it are still pouring. They earned their money with good sense and now they're wasting it on bad judgement. I guess the brain really does shrink with age. 

You know basically nothing about me, so probably best to steer clear of making a statement about what NT needs in terms of fans like me.

Apparently you didn't read my post. When UNT refuses to care about athletics, so do I.

Get it?

I just find it a bit funny that you are so down on big donors who you accuse of putting friendship with RV above the best interests of the university and turn around and put your dislike of the man and the job he has done above the best interests of the university. Theirs is based on friendship and yours on speculation. I am willing to wait a bit longer to see what unfolds than to simply declare that the university doesn't care about athletics. We haven't really seen what Smatresk is going to do yet. Expecting immediate action on this is probably unrealistic. Give him time. If RVs contract is renewed, then we have a lot of cause to be angry. This is a slow play, so we should hunker down and see what plays out in the next few months. I know that very few on here have that kind of patience, but that is where we are.

• Upvote 1

This is a slow play, so we should hunker down and see what plays out in the next few months. I know that very few on here have that kind of patience, but that is where we are.

The very fact that there are long time fans shows they have an incredible amount of patience. The problem is this department has exhausted so much of that patience that we've come to the current state of affairs where late numbers are, or are about to, walk away.

The very fact that there are long time fans shows they have an incredible amount of patience. The problem is this department has exhausted so much of that patience that we've come to the current state of affairs where late numbers are, or are about to, walk away.

Which really sucks. I hope that Smatresk makes the call soon to avoid that, if it can be avoided. All I am saying is that we need to give it some time for things to play out. That is more my hope that something will happen and we can focus on rebuilding the teams and not add to that the fanbase.

You know basically nothing about me, so probably best to steer clear of making a statement about what NT needs in terms of fans like me.

I just find it a bit funny that you are so down on big donors who you accuse of putting friendship with RV above the best interests of the university and turn around and put your dislike of the man and the job he has done above the best interests of the university. Theirs is based on friendship and yours on speculation. I am willing to wait a bit longer to see what unfolds than to simply declare that the university doesn't care about athletics. We haven't really seen what Smatresk is going to do yet. Expecting immediate action on this is probably unrealistic. Give him time. If RVs contract is renewed, then we have a lot of cause to be angry. This is a slow play, so we should hunker down and see what plays out in the next few months. I know that very few on here have that kind of patience, but that is where we are.

Fair enough. 

• Upvote 1

Which really sucks. I hope that Smatresk makes the call soon to avoid that, if it can be avoided. All I am saying is that we need to give it some time for things to play out. That is more my hope that something will happen and we can focus on rebuilding the teams and not add to that the fanbase.

RV cannot make the football hire. If he does, that tears it for me, not because I hate RV, but because it tells me this university is willing to risk more money and more time, time this program really doesn't have, on a hire by a guy who has proven time and again he can't hire even average coaches.