Gang of 17

wardly

Why would they come on here and say "me, I'm one of the 17"? So you guys can bombard them, tell them what bad people they are, how they don't care about your university because they see things differently than you"?

Here is an idea and no doubt a very unpopular one at this time but maybe, just maybe, these 17 got to the means they have by making good decisions in life and not doing the popular thing. Maybe they are protecting us from ourselves. Maybe they are wise not to make rash decisions. Maybe the candidates that are available just aren't as good as RV. None of us know that, but I trust these guys because they wouldn't be able to donate over $15k every year if they had bad judgment.

I can't wait until I inherit the family business and suddenly become smarter than all of you commoners.

While we're at it, let's examine the latest Forbes list of billionaires and see who should be the Lords and Ladies of our world.  Feudalism, baby!  

Edited by Greendylan
  • Upvote 3

An empty stadium and a losing product that makes many student ashamed to wear UNT when they go home for the summer speaks for itself.  So until the pockets of the 17 get deep enough to pay 10k people to come to a game I really don't see the value in this debate.  The university isn't serious about winning and anyone who is objective should know that by now.

• Upvote 2

The one time I've ever really seen it was the K-State Fouts finale game back in 2010.  Gotta admit that when well executed, I did indeed kinda sorta enjoy watching it.  But then again, we'd just been through four years of everybody stare at the sidelines for forty seconds, go long, and hope for the best.

And it appears that is where some want to return, include the current AD.