MGB: Villarreal -- "We have things we need to finish here"

Brett Vito

Can we repost and pin the message board rules.  I really hate that this new version of the software doesn't have a link at the top of every page.

only if you and @TheTastyGreek argue about the rules.

Perhaps the two of you arguing over the rules that includes a rule not to argue with admins will rupture the fabric of the Mean Green universe and send RV into another dimension.

Its really very simple.

How many of you that are calling for RV's head have ever managed employees?  I'm speculating but guessing very few of you.  RV fired Dan when he needed to be fired.  He didn't wait to long and he gave him ample opportunity to get it together.  That's what good bosses do. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 8

How many of you that are calling for RV's head have ever managed employees?  I'm speculating but guessing very few of you.  RV fired Dan when he needed to be fired.  He didn't wait to long and he gave him ample opportunity to get it together.  That's what good bosses do. 

This is why we fail. USC has had 4 head coaches in 4 years since Pete Carroll left. Why? Because they expect results. Not mediocrity. If RV was a "good boss" he would've canned McCarney last year and started fresh. Fact of the matter is he will continue to accept mediocrity for the remainder of his time in office.

Urge. To. Reply. STRONG

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Who cares about Texas State. We are currently winless in an average league, with one of the nicest stadiums in the G5 region.

No, Texas State is in our spot from a decade ago. Except they have a much nicer stadium and a better offense than we had a decade ago.

There it is.

Are they though? We're in the same spot in football we were a decade ago.

Question?  Why should RV care about anyone's opinion other than the large donors?  They're the ones getting facilities built and moving the program along.  I'm sorry, if you think being a season ticket holder at 150 gives you a voice guess what?  It doesn't. 

You told Obama we were in the same spot in football we were a decade ago. I disagree and said TSU-SM is closer to where we were ten years ago than we are. We finished 2-9 in 2005 and finished tied for dead last in a conference with only 2 teams that had six win seasons. One of those teams finished 6-5 and the other 6-6. We are in a way better place now over ten years ago despite what Mac's nepotism has done to us over the past 2 years.

Edited by Cr1028

So you're saying Smatresk isn't a good boss?

• Upvote 7

I have managed people for nearly 30 years, RV is a clown, and how he handled Mac was terrible. It could have waited till Monday and he could have made sure the News did not slip out before the game to set the atmosphere so that we would have arguably the worst loss in our history. That alone should be reason enough to fire RV. 

A clown? A clown? How did you want him to handle the firing.  I have never found any good way to fire anyone.   The best way is to just rip it off like a bandaid, but even that isn't easy.

Mac is going to receive lots of reasons why he should take it like a man, and he did take it like a man.  10-0 would have been the worst loss in history to that team.

Can we repost and pin the message board rules.  I really hate that this new version of the software doesn't have a link at the top of every page.

getting a little lax on the rules in time of huge crisis I see..

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

A clown? A clown? How did you want him to handle the firing.  I have never found any good way to fire anyone.   The best way is to just rip it off like a bandaid, but even that isn't easy.

Mac is going to receive lots of reasons why he should take it like a man, and he did take it like a man.  10-0 would have been the worst loss in history to that team.

readImage?iid=30189372

• Upvote 2

ok let me try it this way for cerebus and tasty greek man (john and lorenzo???)

If I create a new account and call myself "Reagan" or "Clinton" or "Cheney", will I be banned or censored for not following the rules?.............

Post deleted in 5,4,3,2..........

Could be but more likely your present account would be issued a warning point or two and the new account banned for good. With a warning,  future recurrences would lead to a temporary ban until banned for life or moderated postings only. 

The man called Mac a good hire yet treated him with disrespect and fired him in the locker room. Even Pat Haden had enough decency to wait a lil longer before he fired Kiffin. You dont call someone a good hire him and fire him the way he did. If Mac had all the tools to be successful like RV said then why wasnt he? What makes him a good hire? Because he won a bowl game? Still did that warrant firing Mac the way he did. Of Coarse Mac was going to take it like a man, bc he is old school.

• Upvote 3

getting a little lax on the rules in time of huge crisis I see..

I don't want to stand up for Mac (guy was driving me crazy) but I felt like the proper way to let him go, would have been RV calling Mac to his office later that night or Monday morning and canning him. As much as I wanted to see Mac pack his bags, I felt RV was a little out of line blocking him in the player's locker room and embarrassing the guy.

• Upvote 3

Every single post on the forum has a "Report Post" link.  If you see anything that is against the rules, report it:

lWAGmIm.jpg

just used proper protocol.

on another topic, did you just do a screen shot, circle it with some sort of "graphics program" (that is what we called it in the 80's) and re post as a GIF?

To quote my favorite dead comedian......

"That is awesome"

Edited by flyonthewall

I would have liked it to be Monday morning, and I would have liked the news that decision to fire Mac had already been made to have not slipped out until after the game. 

Edited by KingDL1

I don't want to stand up for Mac (guy was driving me crazy) but I felt like the proper way to let him go, would have been RV calling Mac to his office later that night or Monday morning and canning him. As much as I wanted to see Mac pack his bags, I felt RV was a little out of line blocking him in the player's locker room and embarrassing the guy.

who told you that was how it went?

• Upvote 1

Mac should've been fired right after USM.  I'm unhappy that RV is not being held responsible for the current  state of NT athletics as a whole. This and the fact I had to deal with that rude guy to reup my season tickets/MGC donation just pisses me off.  

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 3