MGB: Villarreal -- "We have things we need to finish here"

Brett Vito

It was common knowledge out in the tailgating area, it was being whispered about the night before.  You really think the players were somehow unaware?  Blame the person who initial leaked the info, not the 32nd person to pass on a tweet.

t was common knowledge out in the tailgating area, it was being whispered about the night before.  You really think the players were somehow unaware?  Blame the person who initial leaked the info, not the 32nd person to pass on a tweet.

Point well taken, thank you!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Now you are trying to say it was ok because you didn't "#" anything.  Who cares what "hashtag"  you put in your tweet!  And no where did I question the authenticity of your information, just your timing in releasing it.  Game day was not the time.  Players on the team saw it, that is why I think you breaking it on game day was a poor decision.  And if you if you  think it was no big deal, then why is it not still in your twitter feed?  If I missed, I apologize.

Its still there. Im saying its okay because it was okay. It was no big deal. It didn't effect the players. You're not going to change my mind about it. 

You're the only one who seems to have a problem with it. You've been the only person to question me about it. Everyone else seems fine. 

• Upvote 1

And no where did I question the authenticity of your information, just your timing in releasing it.  Game day was not the time.  Players on the team saw it, that is why I think you breaking it on game day was a poor decision.

I think you're trying too hard to take offense. It was a tweet, not a banner flown over the stadium. Science has shown that the average tweet is considered for 0.2 seconds of time unless it contains a photo of a hot girl or a grumpy cat.

Didn't think I was defensive at all in responding to you. Did I attach #Breaking or tweet it to ESPN? No I didnt. 

Not sure what harm I did. 

In no way do I see it as irresponsible. My sources were certain it was going to happen so I tweeted what I did. Look I had information dating back to the Iowa game that McCarney was likely to be gone. I waited till it was a sure thing and said what I said. 

What I did was not wrong.

If I were to go about tweeting every bit of info that I receive without checking into it now that would be wrong an irresponsible. 

If it was confirmed to you on Saturday, there is no doubt every player knew it on Friday. Most likely Wednesday. 

1. If GMG or MGN or anyone's twitter account is the final straw that determines the Ws and Ls then they need to spread out that sweet coaching salary a little more. It is the coaches' job to motivate the players, and the individual player's ultimate responsibility for motivating his/her self. 

Sure, it might put a seed of doubt in their minds, but if the vibe of the locker room is not strong enough to dismiss such reports, then this kind of tweet is the least of the team's problems. 

• Upvote 2