MGB: Villarreal -- "We have things we need to finish here"

Brett Vito

Then he comes on the podcast and says the now infamous Northern Arizona excuse, after giving a ridiculous Tulsa excuse before that which, in reality, would've given us one less home game if you really look at it.

Also coming from the podcast were he couldn't remember the upcoming years schedule (because he didn't have it in front of him). Something an AD should know off the top of his head. Most fan's could tell you that...

• Upvote 1

Question?  Why should RV care about anyone's opinion other than the large donors?  They're the ones getting facilities built and moving the program along.  I'm sorry, if you think being a season ticket holder at 150 gives you a voice guess what?  It doesn't. 

Edited by obama
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 25

"UNT still has fan, until they are all gone...there is work to do (followed by evil laughter)"...RV

It might be interesting to see how many MGC memberships and season tickets hang in the balance here from the "minority". Could that question be structured in poll format? Or, is that number being an unknown a strategic advantage for us minorities?

Question?  Why should RV care about anyone's opinion other than the large donors?  They're the ones getting facilities built and moving the program along.  I'm sorry, if you think buying 150 season tickets gives you a voice guess what?  It doesn't. 

Dear Athletic Department employee:

You're not very good at stuff like thinkin' and figurin' numbers and such are you? This has to be the dumbest post I've seen in many many years and that's saying a lot. RV will soon have those 17 donors in a vast and empty stadium. They'll each get their very own section. Fans like us are what really matters. 

50566346.jpg

Edited by Eagle-96
  • Upvote 3

Yes because stating "i dont plan on retiring" and "there is more to accomplish" is soooo offensive.

Question?  Why should RV care about anyone's opinion other than the large donors?  They're the ones getting facilities built and moving the program along.  I'm sorry, if you think being a season ticket holder at 150 gives you a voice guess what?  It doesn't. 

Bullshit, the students got the ball going by passing the student fee, which led to the stadium being built and other facilities.

Tennis, Soccer, Softball all had to be built to bring onto campus and Title IX, but hey keep on keeping on it is doing amazing things at good ole UNT

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Yes because stating "i dont plan on retiring" and "there is more to accomplish" is soooo offensive.

I feel you take the RV criticisms personally. Especially when your responses to us plebeians are so patronizing. Remember, we - the minority - are criticizing the administration for doing only half their job, not the donors. 

The donors have put their money where their mouth is, and what has it gotten them? A nice stadium with no one in it. A football team that is losing at historical levels. An administration that can't get it rolling when they've been given all of these resources by you folks.

You guys have given them MILLIONS, with the "if we build it they will come" promise. And they let you down.

• Upvote 6

Winning is important.  But in this day and age it's not as important as facilities.  Our next coach will be stronger than the last, and that is partially due to the fact that facilities are in place and he will have a competitive salary.  This wouldn't have happened prior to RV.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 14

Getting us into Conference USA really wasn't that big an accomplishment, in all honesty. If RV would've been able to get us in CUSA before SMU left then it would've been impressive. We were the only DFW FBS school left that hadn't abandoned CUSA (TCU, then SMU). They would've taken us for that reason, no matter who our AD was.

• Upvote 7

Winning is important.  But in this day and age it's not as important as facilities.  Our next coach will be stronger than the last, and that is partially due to the fact that facilities are in place and he will have a competitive salary.  This wouldn't have happened prior to RV.

Wrong. Winning is the #1 priority. Facilities are great, but no one shows up to watch a loser. That's why you saw a mostly empty Apogee stadium on Thursday. Beautiful facilities with no one there to watch the awful product on the field.

I think most fans would agree we'd rather be ranked #20 in the country playing at CH Collins (or whatever other high school stadium is available) than ranked #128 (out of 128, in case you didn't know) at Apogee.

Also, facilities were in place when McCarney was hired, so what's the excuse there?

Edited by ColoradoEagle
  • Upvote 6