MGB: Villarreal -- "We have things we need to finish here"

Brett Vito

I think its becoming clear that hoping that Smatresk either cannot convince the BOR to get rid of RV or he just doesn't care enough to do it--both of which were my biggest fears with this situation regarding RV. It really is beginning to look as if RV will get to decide when he wants to leave here--#UNTADforlife appears to be a reality.

I congratulate you, RV. You have managed to accomplish something that no other AD in America could've accomplished over 15 years. The Rick Villareal Athletic Department will almost certainly become a reality at this point, overlooking the Darrell Dickey Practice Fields. It really is unreal to so many of us that this could've occurred, but it is well on its way to becoming a reality. Many have fought you over the years, but in the end, you look to have prevailed over results-based expectations on a field or court. Amazing...just amazing.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

This article makes me dislike RV. Delusional and arrogant come to mind reading this. What other school would put up with his outlandishly terrible performance? It sounds like he is hiding behind building projects. Well guess what Rick, if you build it they won't come because your crappy hires don't win. If he had any class or love for this university he'd resign because he is failing.

He's done great with the stadium build but his hires are terrible. The only consistent team is Soccer and RV had zero to do with hiring that great coach. This guy is unreal.

• Upvote 6

This article makes me dislike RV. Delusional and arrogant come to mind reading this. What other school would put up with his outlandishly terrible performance? It sounds like he is hiding behind building projects. Well guess what Rick, if you build it they won't come because your crappy hires don't win. If he had any class or love for this university he'd resign because he is failing.

He's done great with the stadium build but his hires are terrible. The only consistent team is Soccer and RV had zero to do with hiring that great coach. This guy is unreal.

Don't care...got the UNT17 and BOR behind me///RV

• Upvote 2

It's funny that the fan board, the local newspaper, and even ESPN, among others, could call for RV to resign/be fired and he sees that as a vast minority. 

I think now, more than ever it makes sense to get one for the UTSA game. The "minority" needs to raise up and show them we are not playing. He is cocky, and thinks he is untouchable. We need to show him how much of a "minority" really wants him gone

He obviously is untouchable. Before these comments, I never had anything personal towards RV. I'm not allowed to curse here, so I'll just say I actively dislike the gentleman.

When he says "Minority", on what scale is he putting that on? Cause I think there are several hundred people that are calling for his head. If you base it on UNT's Enrollment (37,231) and the population of Denton (113,383) then I guess that puts those several hundred into the Minority but I would say that "Minority" doesn't have their head up their ass like the masses and actually knows whats going on in the program and follows it on a Daily basis.

I could be wrong and I sometimes am

• Upvote 2