Fire Rick V banner for UTSA game

UNT90

It's not poor taste at all. His firing needs to be done. I believe some of you think that some of our fans are just classless and crazy. In comparison to A LOT of other fan bases we are extremely conservative to say the least. This clown show would NEVER happen at real programs. If so the athletic complexes would be littered with threatening fans with literal intent. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

It is a bit in poor taste but not as bad as letting word get to the players before Portland State Game that the Head Coach was to be terminated and  setting a dubious record making us the butt of so many jokes.

I am in 

If Mac had won against Portland State he would not have been fired, and would have been given the chance to turn the season around. In addition, I think a banner calling for the termination of our A.D. would not be the type of message we want to send to prospective head coaches. Just an old man's opinion.

• Upvote 3

If Mac had won against Portland State he would not have been fired, and would have been given the chance to turn the season around. In addition, I think a banner calling for the termination of our A.D. would not be the type of message we want to send to prospective head coaches. Just an old man's opinion.

McCarney was going to be fired regardless of the Portland St outcome. That is a FACT. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

News that the decision to fire Mac had already been made, was everywhere at tailgating several hours before the game and on social media as early as 10:16 am before the Portland game ever started. There is a reason it was a record loss and that was the team was not bring in game mode, they knew, call it shock, distress, distraction, mourning whatever you like. But that is how we lost that bad. You can bet that is RV's Fault and it is embarrassing.

News that the decision to fire Mac had already been made, was everywhere at tailgating several hours before the game and on social media as early as 10:16 am before the Portland game ever started. There is a reason it was a record loss and that was the team was not bring in game mode, they knew, call it shock, distress, distraction, mourning whatever you like. But that is how we lost that bad. You can bet that is RV's Fault and it is embarrassing.

Wow, i thought this was only a rumor. If this is true, something must have made him change his mind to fire Mac like that on gameday. If he had every intention of firing him he should have done it right after the USM game. That would've given the team enough time to mourn and prepare for Portland St. Stupid, stupid move by RV if it did go down like this....

• Upvote 1

Your" fact check machine "is wrong, just like the juvenile idea of a "Fire R.V." banner. Blaming a record loss by a 1a school to a 1aa school on the A.D. because of an unsubstantiated rumor is nearly as dumb as flying a banner. to fire that A.D. I sometimes think that most of us who post on this board road the little bus to school.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 9

• Harry locked this topic

Your" fact check machine "is wrong, just like the juvenile idea of a "Fire R.V." banner. Blaming a record loss by a 1a school to a 1aa school on the A.D. because of an unsubstantiated rumor is nearly as dumb as flying a banner. to fire that A.D. I sometimes think that most of us who post on this board road the little bus to school.

Believe what you want, I was there and know better. Maybe you are just naive I don't know. Do you think we went that bad that fast for another reason? Do you think Portland State is better than Iowa? Do you think breaking a record like that just happens? Do you really think RV got permission to fire mac that fast, to take on 1.8 million dollar buyout before most people had arrived home? I know it was on Social media at 10:16 that morning for a fact, the news that mac would be officially fired sometime after Portland St was being talked about like a fact among people that usually know. I also know the parents and the players are wired in to social media. I can tell you the Mean Green March looked crazy bad. So I hate to burst your bubble but you might want to look around a bit more. So please don't tell me what is wrong. 

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/topic/107578-chico/?do=fi

Wow, i thought this was only a rumor. If this is true, something must have made him change his mind to fire Mac like that on gameday. If he had every intention of firing him he should have done it right after the USM game. That would've given the team enough time to mourn and prepare for Portland St. Stupid, stupid move by RV if it did go down like this....

I believe the decision was made during the week before Portland. 

My speculation is that RV planned the move to fire Mac to help pull the heat off himself. 

Edited by KingDL1